Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Lite v4.30.4 with Windows Vista

Hi,

I have installed Daemon Tools Lite v4.30.4. But when I try to launch the program I get an error message:

"This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd 1.51 or higher. Kernal debugger must be deactivated."

I am running Windows Vista 32bit Service Pack 2.

I have tried removing SPTD 1.51 and installing version 1.60 but this did not change anything.

I have Zone Alarms running, which has affected other programs before, but even when I close this Daemon Tools still will not work.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Disable all security software and then reinstall SPTD and DT.

Comment

thanks. i tried that but no change.

Comment

Try to disable kernel debugger. Run CMD as administrator and execute such command:

bcdedit /debug off

If this does not work, do the next - http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f26/my-...sptd-sys-6828/

Comment

no luck with that ...

Comment

i just uninstalled zone alarms and reinstalled DT and SPTD. still not working.

Comment

What version of ZA do you use? Do you have ZA Toolbar?

Comment

hi..i hv almost the same problem, i installed daemon tools lite v4.30.4 but after rebooting, i got the error message 'Daemon Tools has stop working properly, windows is now checking the solution' and no solution found..whts wrong actually?

anyway,im using windows vista home basic service pack 1 with sptd v1.60

do i need to deactivate certain protection such as firewall or antivirus?

Comment

Originally Posted by fazreen View Post
                  hi..i hv almost the same problem, i installed daemon tools lite v4.30.4 but after rebooting, i got the error message 'Daemon Tools has stop working properly, windows is now checking the solution' and no solution found..whts wrong actually?

anyway,im using windows vista home basic service pack 1 with sptd v1.60

do i need to deactivate certain protection such as firewall or antivirus?
                  This isn't "almost" the same problem, it is a completely different one and did you try uninstalling and the reinstalling? If that doesn't work you should give a bit more details like what anti virus/firewall/operating system you use.
                  Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

Working...
                  X