Can't use virtual drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use virtual drive

I mount image files with DT as always but nothing happens, when I go to DT Drive in my computer and try to open it nothing happens, no error, no new explorer window, nothing, it shows in SysTray that its mounted, further nothing, I never had such a problem, uninstalled and reinstalled, same, another virtual drive program, same.

Anyhelp?

Is an error in device manager and/or event viewer?
    Also do you see the virtual drive in My Computer?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I see it, and there is no error msg, just nothing

Comment

What is your OS?
        Also have you checked virtual memory settings?
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Vista
          And how do I check virtual memory settings?

Comment

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Advanced

This is for XP, don't know its way completely for Vista, but it should be also in System.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I think the problem is with my virtual memory, I can't increase it no matter what, googled all kind of sites, here is a snap:

Comment

What size do you want!? Keep it below 4096MB.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Done, same problem, even tried small image files, same
                  As you see below, the virtual memory is big enough now, no solution, Im going to cry

Comment

Ok, this is confusing, I just installed UltraIso and its working like a charm, why not DT?

Comment

What version of DT did you actually install?
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

The latest

Comment

I found what the problem was, the hard way, after 2 more complete format I finally found out what was making the trouble..
                          I use AutoHotKey to automate everything on my computer, and one of the functions was to exit DT by killing its process.exe, that caused not only DT not work, but also my normal CD and DVD not to work anymore.

Comment

Originally Posted by ballyhairs View Post
                            I found what the problem was, the hard way, after 2 more complete format I finally found out what was making the trouble..
                            I use AutoHotKey to automate everything on my computer, and one of the functions was to exit DT by killing its process.exe, that caused not only DT not work, but also my normal CD and DVD not to work anymore.
                            Edit:
                            That's what I thought, not really, I still get the same problem, this is the third full format in a week trying to figure out what the problem is, its not AutoHotkey as I thought, it must be a huge bug in DaemonTools, Im using UltraIso for now.

Comment

Alright, after 6 full format I found the problem, its DaemonTools itself, hope they will fix this, it's a shame that such a great piece of software became an adware and now causes system corruption.
                              As from now on there will be no more DT on my and my clients PCs.

Comment

Working...
                              X