DT freezes my entire PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT freezes my entire PC

Ok this thing is going on for enough time now, and it's a miracle my HD is still alive and working.

I know it's not a "bad image" problem, because when in a prevous case I tried to decompress an ISO (using winrar) and installing no problems occurred.

It is completely random, occurring during the installation of a software (games, in my case), and it did not happen on ALL images I had.

Googling the problem (a critical problem, IMO, because there're high possibilities to damage your hard drive) I found many discussions about it, but not a clear anwer.

I've used DT for years, and this is the 1st time I have a problem like that.

My (2 months new rig):

- Gigabyte mobo (someone wrote the problem was a process of the "energy saving" sw from gb but I haven't that process on)
    - AMD phenom II 920 (4 cores)
    - win xp sp3
    - 4gb ram

I even tried to uninstall my antvirus, but to no avail.

Important:
    - I tried to mount the same image with Alcohol120% and the same error occurred.
    - I tried a different version af DT (lite), the 4.30.0.0 if I'm not wrong, and the freeze was there again
    - One of the threads I found: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...6271_14_0.html

Any ideas?
    Last edited by nameless1; 06.10.2009, 21:41.

UPDATE: Iv'e foud this thread on this board and followed the suggestions by Blazkowicz: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/gam...llation-24564/

This is what I've found:

- The process at issue is called "ESSVR.EXE"
    - That process disappeared as soon as I've foud and unistalled the gigabyte energy saver (had to reboot win)

Now I'll try to reinstall DT and see what happens.

Comment

Is your problem solved?

Comment

(sorry I was awaiting the publication of my post)

The answer is YES, the problem was clearly there.

Comment

Happy for you

Comment

Working...
          X