Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make image of game CD

Hello,

I recently bought this package sold out / alpha centauri.
    It contains 2 CDs. I managed to make an image of the 1st one with no problems. The 2nd one I cannot.
    DT starts to read the disc, after ~10 secs it sais 100% complete. The image has 1.6 MB, it contains all the structure, the file names, but nothing else. I tried with different profiles - SecuROM, SafeDisc, data disc, checked skip bad sectors, no change.

I am using DT Pro Advanced on windows 7 ultimate x86.

Thank you.

What's the size of the files of CD2 in Explorer ?
    Or is CD2 the Alien Crossfire Expansion Pack ?
    Last edited by Terramex; 09.10.2009, 14:50.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Did you try to create another type of image? Or did you try to create an image using any other program?

Comment

@Terramex - 661 MB
        @Sway - yes, I did, with a free burning studio software. I got a "Could not read from disc. (Sector 810)", so I tried again with DT.
        It seems that I found the right combination - old SecuROM, ignore bad setors and MDS file not ISO. As long as I select ISO I have no image. Now it's reading it (it's still at 0%) for 40 minutes now.

I will update this when it's done.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
          @Terramex - 661 MB
          I got a "Could not read from disc. (Sector 810)", so I tried again with DT.
          Read errors starting around that position are typical for Safedisc protected CDs.
          The old Copybase protection database also says it's Safedisc.

If your drive is very slow in skipping those defective sectors you can try the fastdump method:
          http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/qui...163/#post56424 (you can skip step 2 if already installed )
          Last edited by Terramex; 09.10.2009, 15:54.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Yes, it's SafeDisc. The list and ProtectionID confirms it.

OK, I can reproduce this. If I select MDS file type my image is created.
            Same options, ISO file type - no image.

Comment

I've just tested some old CDs and i can confirm there's a "bug" (i guess it's intended as profile settings are greyed out once the output format has been changed to ISO) in ISO creation of Safedisc 1-4 CDs.

But an ISO of a Safedisc 1 title wouldn't work anyway - at least not without activating the Safedisc emulation.
              Last edited by Terramex; 09.10.2009, 16:24.

Comment

I know it would not work but still make the image or throw an error or something.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
                  I know it would not work but still make the image or throw an error or something.
                  Completely agree with you. I'll forward it.

Comment

Working...
                  X