Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT light will not work after installation

Hi there

After trying the DT pro version, I decided that the light version woul do for my personal purposes, and installed it. The installer runned, started DT which said it was checking for updates. Also, a browser tab was opened, I presume for registration or so. The page opened did not display however. As a result DT does not run. The program group appeared in my start menu, but clicking it has no result. A virtual drive appeared, but it is not accesible.
    Is there a way to make DT work on my PC?

Many thanks

You do see DT Lite tray icon in tray area?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I experience the same problem (i guess). I don't have the DT icon in my taskbar, and when I use the "open with... DAEMON tools" from explorer, the iso doesn't mount. When I try to run the program either from the start menu or by opening the .exe, nothing happens. This is a new install (less than 24 hours old), and I have restarted my computer after installation.

//Ragnor out

Comment

Can you see 'DTLite.exe' in your Task Manager -> Processes tab?

Comment

hi, i'd like to report the same issue.

dameon.exe is indeed in the processes tab of the task manager (win7 64bit) and it's always using approx 13% of my cpu (i7 core 920) and ~5mb of ram. it's icon also does not ever appear.

this also with a fresh windows install, and i've used dt lite with windows 7 for sometime now and it never caused an issue.

i tried updating sptd to 1.6.2 (latest) and other common tasks (restarting, uninstalling daemon tools, run as admin, etc).

Comment

I am encountering a similar problem running DTLite, although I am running XP home. The program worked fine until one day (no changes were made that I know of) it stopped working on my user account. It will work fine for the main (Administrator account), but not mine, which has full privileges. This causes problems, since I try to install games only on my account, so as to save disk space. If anyone has answers for this, please share or contact me. Much appreciated.

Comment

which OS you are using?
              Georgian Translator

Comment

Originally Posted by DGPhoenix View Post
                I am encountering a similar problem running DTLite, although I am running XP home. The program worked fine until one day (no changes were made that I know of) it stopped working on my user account. It will work fine for the main (Administrator account), but not mine, which has full privileges. This causes problems, since I try to install games only on my account, so as to save disk space. If anyone has answers for this, please share or contact me. Much appreciated.
                I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, and this worked only until I shut down my computer for the night. In the morning, the same issue came up. I can "mount" images, but they never work, and the "E" drive, which is selected for DTL, is inaccessible. As said before, I am running on Windows XP Home edition.

Comment

Try to install DTLite 4.35.5.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                    Try to install DTLite 4.35.5.
                    Even with the update, there is no change. I still have to uninstall, then reinstall every day to get it to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X