PDA

View Full Version : ШШШ Daemon PRO Edition ШШШ

burnmonkey
26.03.2004, 04:33
I've been blacklisted from here a couple of times, but can I just say, that this does not mean I am not a loyal supporter of your program, and the shear amount of time and resources that the developers put into it.

But heres a suggestion, if you guys were to bring out a pro edition, with autoupdate features, with a XP look to it, I would be more than happy to pay for it, why, because you guys deserve it.

P.S. And hey, I'm sorry if I caused any troubles!

LocutusofBorg
26.03.2004, 05:46
I've been blacklisted from here a couple of times

...behave :wink:

,jACkdA\W
26.03.2004, 14:17
hmm, i fail to see anything serious they could put in a 'pro' edition which would make that edition to really deserve a 'pro', compared to the 'normal' version :P

CapJack
28.03.2004, 21:19
hmm, i fail to see anything serious they could put in a 'pro' edition which would make that edition to really deserve a 'pro', compared to the 'normal' version :P
No more limited to 4 drives.. :?

,jACkdA\W
28.03.2004, 21:39
No more limited to 4 drives..
well, yeah, needs maybe different for you and me...
i still fail to see a point in having umpty-zillions of those, but that's just me...

LAS3R
29.03.2004, 22:44
hope i didn't missunderstand anything here but what is keeping you from paying for "regular" version that is out now of D-Tools? i don't care if it's pro or deluxe or Mega fancy Gold editon hehe, i pay anyway, love this prog, my windows can't live without it! :)

burnmonkey
30.03.2004, 05:43
Okay, some extra features the developers could put in for a Pro Edition...

» Break the 4 drive limit

» AutoUpdate

» Windows Explorer Integration - Just right click and mount an image

» Compressed image support

» CD protection identifier

» Email important info on updates & security features to Pro users only.

» Built in error logging & notifying.

All this in one bundle plus more - that be woth paying for!!!

Copytrooper
30.03.2004, 10:07
» Break the 4 drive limit -> sorry, never

» AutoUpdate -> will be done in future release

» Windows Explorer Integration - Just right click and mount an image -> just check awxDTools or FastMount in our download section

» Compressed image support -> possible via plug-in in future release

» CD protection identifier -> nope

» Email important info on updates & security features to Pro users only. -> registered users get extended support already

» Built in error logging & notifying. -> going the M$ "spyware" way, or what do you mean?

CapJack
30.03.2004, 17:04
:cry: Why ?

burnmonkey
31.03.2004, 05:22
Well, I can see that my opinions challange/conflict with those of others... I'm just making a suggestion, one that may see the development of daemon go alot further

iulian
01.04.2004, 13:45
:cry: Why ?

I think they are are not doing this because this is a contractual clause with their clients. They must have a limited gui in order not to compete them.

I may be wrong though... :wink:

burnmonkey
02.04.2004, 05:24
Good point

burnmonkey
02.04.2004, 05:25
Could the developers tell us why they will never break the 4 drive limit?

LocutusofBorg
02.04.2004, 13:54
No. We don't want to discuss our decision. Please don't ask anymore
about the reasons. Just take it as it is. Seriously!

burnmonkey
06.04.2004, 05:26
Well, that is an interesting reply, but okay I won't ask.

Riftgarde
10.04.2004, 11:46
They don't want to make it easy to play Phantasmagoria. :)

burnmonkey
13.04.2004, 05:29
Hows that?

7.e.Q
29.04.2004, 13:00
regarding 4 drives limit: But I will ask... sorry, but I'm one of those that urgently want to know what reasons drove you to this decision. I don't want to discuss about it, I just want to know the reason. No discussion.