New sidebar gadget transparency bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sidebar gadget transparency bug

Hi all, I'm new here. My name is Sergio, I'm 23 years old and I'm Argentinian.

I want to report a bug in the new sidebar gadget.
    My problem takes place when I set the transparency (opacity) of the DT gadget. When I scroll around with the mouse, sometimes it set the opacity to 100% (like it should) but sometimes it stays transparent.

*System: Windows 7 RTM 32bits
    *Daemon Tools Lite v4.35.5
    *CDBurnerXP v4.2.7.1794 & Roxio Pro 2010
    *MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) & SB Search and Destroy
    *Mother: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (chipset: nForce 570 SLI AMD)
    *CPU: Athlon x2 4000+ (@2.3Ghz)
    *RAM: 2GB
    *Video: nVidia 9600GT 512mb (drivers: 191.07)

I'm also using another 2 gadgets (the weather one and the CPU Meter) and both of them works fine with the transparency option.

Thanks in advance!

Unable to reproduce on my OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x86)

In any case, thank you for report. Your problem will be investigated.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Sway (I post the tread 3 times because I was using G.Chrome and I wasn't getting the "your post will not be visible..." message until the 3rd time when I post from FireFox, so sorry about that).

Well I'm a C# developer and let me say that this smells like some focus problem.
      When I click somewhere on my desktop or when I click an icon and then move the mouse over the gadget, it stays transparent.
      But if I click the gadget and move the mouse out and then into the gadget area, it becomes 100% opaque like it should.

My Win7 is also Ultimate and I have applied a lot of updates that where filtered on the internet (all of them digital signed from Microsoft).

I have just tried the gadget on a virtual machine (the same Win7 using VirtualBox 3.0.10) and I have the same problem but I have to say that I also have applied the updates to that Win7 so maybe one of that updates is causing this.

Comment

Thanks for exact scenario. It will be fixed.

Comment

You're welcome, that sidebar it's surely a great new feature.

Comment

Working...
          X