[Win7] SPTD-Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Win7] SPTD-Driver

I installed the current version of DAMEON Tools Lite on Win7 Prof 32bit. But it doesn't run because of this message (translated):

"The application need Windows2000 or higher with installed SPTD-Driver v1.60.
    Kerneldebugger need to be deactivated."

I tried out some compatibility modis but they doesn't work. Any idea?

Is it clean Win7 installation?

Comment

Also have you tried to deactivate every security software and then to install SPTD?
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

I have the same issue now - but related to error 14 during install I had earlier

error message

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher.
        Kernal debugger must be deactivated.

won't run windows toolbar TDlite gadget with antivirus program Shaw secure (F-Secure) deepguard running.

solution is to start windows 7 with deepguard off and run dtlite it then runs and installs widget

you have to fix this bug because it's an annoyance to either - start windows - turn off deepguard- log off and then log on and run dtlite - then turn on deepguard

or shut down deepguard(every shutdown) prior to shutdown then when I start up win 7 all i have to do is run dtlite and restart deepguard...

I still get the error but at least it runs and installs the tool
        Last edited by Tim Winkler; 04.11.2009, 18:09.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim Winkler View Post
          I have the same issue now - but related to error 14 during install I had earlier

error message

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher.
          Kernal debugger must be deactivated.

won't run windows toolbar TDlite gadget with antivirus program Shaw secure (F-Secure) deepguard running.

solution is to start windows 7 with deepguard off and run dtlite it then runs and installs widget

you have to fix this bug because it's an annoyance to either - start windows - turn off deepguard- log off and then log on and run dtlite - then turn on deepguard

or shut down deepguard(every shutdown) prior to shutdown then when I start up win 7 all i have to do is run dtlite and restart deepguard...

I still get the error but at least it runs and installs the tool
          Or you can use another anti-virus software that does work well with dt like eset smart security etc.
          Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

Yes I know the obvious (Im a techie) but It shouldn't matter what AV I use.

Shaw secure is a lifetime AV/firewall as long as I use my cable provider, so why would I want to go out and buy AV and firewall software when my Internet provider provides a decent one?

And there is no Guaranty that another AV on my machine won't do the same thing. It could be a combination of software or drivers that may be causing it with an AV program.

The issue is for Daemon to fix the problem

Comment

I get the same problem wit my new laptop: Hp 5410M Windows 7 Pro. It evens shows a blue screen when it boots.:| No shit. After restoring it I get also get an error like the one above.

Because it's a new laptop I haven't installed a AV because I first wanted to install everything before installing AV.

Comment

@kane_sting
                Did you install with admin permissions and also can you post latest minidump available (c:\windows\minidump). It is maybe caused by preinstalled 3rd party software which interferes with SPTD.

@Tim Winkler
                If a security software blocks something, it should normally popup and tell the user it blocked something or ask if it should block something.
                Also problem is not DT, it is security software which blocks without asking and/or SPTD.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

One part of deep guard is blocking only

->Use advance process monitoring

i disabled it and now runs now without errors

but 1 last issue is that it won't start automatically - no biggy for me

and when i start it it wants to know if i should allow it to make changes to this computer (UAC message)
                  Last edited by Tim Winkler; 04.11.2009, 22:43.

Comment

For maximal protection, DeepGuard temporarily modifies running programs.

Because of this advanced process monitoring, some programs, such as online games and anti-cheating tools, may fail. This happens to programs that check their own integrity. Typically anti-cheating tools use integrity check to find out if they have been modified to do something else than what they were created for.

Comment

Working...
                    X