Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have one question about Daemon Tools Lite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one question about Daemon Tools Lite.

I recently burned a couple of dual layer DVDs and when I mount the image with Daemon Tools Lite it looses the mount (the virtual drive no longer has the image) and I can't use it. I've tried opening the image with WinRAR and extracting the files, and that works. But I wanted to mount that image from a dual layer disk.

Does Daemon Tools Lite support Dual Layer disk, or is it just the paid for version?

Originally Posted by Furious1964 View Post
    I recently burned a couple of dual layer DVDs and when I mount the image with Daemon Tools Lite it looses the mount (the virtual drive no longer has the image) and I can't use it. I've tried opening the image with WinRAR and extracting the files, and that works. But I wanted to mount that image from a dual layer disk.

Does Daemon Tools Lite support Dual Layer disk, or is it just the paid for version?
    Most of the latest games are written on dual layer dvds an dt lite doesn't seem to have a problem mounting them.
    Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

DAEMON Tools Lite completely supports DL discs.

Comment

Then what program should I use to burn them? I have Astroburn and Nero 7 and I used both....not at the same time...and the burns on the dual layer disks were successful. Yet neither DT nor Alcohol 120% can mount the image. id i screw up somewhere, or is something blocking DT or Alcohol?

Comment

How did you create these images?

Comment

Originally Posted by Furious1964 View Post
            Then what program should I use to burn them? I have Astroburn and Nero 7 and I used both....not at the same time...and the burns on the dual layer disks were successful. Yet neither DT nor Alcohol 120% can mount the image. id i screw up somewhere, or is something blocking DT or Alcohol?
            I using nero burning room to writ same discs.

Open Nero burning room:

select image:

then burn image very slow speed. thats all

Georgian Translator

Comment

@sikvdila
              Furious1964 has no problems with burning, but with mounting in DT
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I found the problem, they didn't burn correctly as the disk capacity is shown as full, but Astroburn says half the disk is used. So Far, I mounted 15 dual layer disks with the same result of not being able to mount the image. I have 36 dual layer disks that are now toast. I'll have to look into the matter.

Having a really...REALLY bad day today.

Even though the disk itself looks like it's full, Astroburn and Nero say otherwise. The images were made by someone else, but mounted perfectly before I burnt them.

Comment

Sikvdila, your method worked. I burnt an image onto a Dual Layer disk, it took 40 minites and the game installed and works.

That's the happy part...now for the sad...

I now have to get back the contents of 36 disks and spend the money for more Dual Layer DVDs.

*sigh*

Comment

Working...
                  X