Daemon, SPTD, WIN32 and Windows 7 Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon, SPTD, WIN32 and Windows 7 Starter

Hello, and thank you for your assistance. I just installed the newest free for personal use daemon tools and I have run into the following two errors:

After install and ettempt to run the error message says: "This program requires at least windows 2000 and SPTD 1.60 or higher." And below that it says "Kernel debugger must be deactiviated."

My other error is when trying to install SPTD 1.62 x82 for win32, i get an error that says that the install is not a "valid win32 application."

I have looked around for answers to this but i could not find anything that worked.

I am trying to install daemon tools on my new gateway netbook that is running "windows 7 starter."

Thanks, I will check back later, and again i appreciate your help.

Originally Posted by allislove View Post
    After install and ettempt to run the error message says: "This program requires at least windows 2000 and SPTD 1.60 or higher." And below that it says "Kernel debugger must be deactiviated."
    Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

Originally Posted by allislove View Post
    My other error is when trying to install SPTD 1.62 x82 for win32, i get an error that says that the install is not a "valid win32 application."
    This error message says you get corrupted setup file. Try to re-download it from official site.

Comment

The reg delete will not really work sometimes

I use the instsrv.exe tool to unistall SPTD service

its in the Windows 2003 resource kit

Install the ressource kit (bypass the compatibility warning) from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splaylang%3den

launch a command prompt with administrator privilege (UAC)

go to the directory of the resource kit (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools)
      and launch the command

instsrv SPTD REMOVE

Comment

How do i launch the command

instsrv SPTD REMOVE

I have downloaded Windows Resource Kit, but there are a ton of different programs, and i dont want to do anything to screw up my computer:P Saw you were able to delete entire users trough one of those programs.

Also sorry for bumping an old thread, just really needed an answer.

Comment

Has anyone got Daemon Tools Lite or Alcohol 52 to run in Win7 STARTER on a netbook? I have been unsuccessful.

Comment

Describe your problem more detailed. What error did you get?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
              Uninstall DT. Open Register Editor (Start -> Run... -> regedit), navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD

and change Start value to 4.

Now reboot, navigate to this key again and change permissions on this key - right click on the key -> Permissions and set Full Access to Everyone .

Delete this key, reboor your PC and install Daemon Tools again.

This error message says you get corrupted setup file. Try to re-download it from official site.
              When I installed DTools Lite, I received the message that I was able to add the adapter. I read elsewhere that this could be fixed by changing the SPTD permissions to 4, so I followed these instructions to do so, then delete the key, then reinstall DTools. However, this still did not work for me.

The program is installed and I can open it fine, but when I go to mount a device I have to "Add SCSI Virtual Device" first, and I am unable to do so. I then tell it that I want to install the SCSI adapter, but I get the error message "Unable to add adapter. Insufficient privileges."

Any advice?

Comment

Try "Run as administrator"

Comment

This worked for me:

What is SPTD####.sys? - Greatis Software

Comment

This is for Sway. Before I write all my problems with not being successful, please answer "Has anyone got Daemon Tools Lite or Alcohol 52 to run in Win7 STARTER on a netbook? I have been unsuccessful." REPEAT Win7 STARTER on a netwook. I wonder if my problems is with the STARTER version of WIN7,that I do not have all the operating system needed for Daemon Tools Lite. Thanks.

Comment

I didn't use Windows 7 Starter personally, but I don't think there can be any specific issue with this OS Maybe someone from DT community could share his/her experience...

Comment

Working...
                      X