Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT gadget drops out, goes white and wont start when windows starts

Hi,

I am having random problems with DTLite 4355-0068 sidebar gadget.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on our home network. It is installed on 3 machines. Machines are I7 920 with 6gb DDR3 RAM on GA-EX58-UD3R mobo with GTX 260 graphics.

The sidebar sometimes turns to a white block, usually when an image is mounted. Have to kill and restart. SOmetimes the gadget will just vanish completely and sometimes when I restart Windows it just doesn't start at all. It does this on all three machines (which are all identical in configuration).

I have tried uninstalling it (including sptd1.62), and reinstalling it. I redownloaded the exe and reinstalled it. On one machine I did a fresh install of windows.

oh, btw: All windows installs are clean, from scratch installs. I do not believe in upgrades. I have tried it as the only gadget running, and with other gadgets.

I run window-manager v1.30 because M$ took out windows memory of folder view and settings. I uninstalled that app and removed/reinstalled DTL again and still the same problem.

Really scratching the bottom of the barrel, I ran memtest86+ v4.00 over the RAM just in case. No errors.

Is this a known issue? Or is there something I;ve missed?

Thanks
    Tanya

Please try to find a stable scenario. Is it reproduced for all images? Post screenshots.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Please try to find a stable scenario. Is it reproduced for all images? Post screenshots.
      Sorry, no the product is not stable. The problems seem to be random. The white block doesn't happen every time, and not always with the same image.

The screen cap is from a cold boot. The gap between the two gadgets is where the dt sidebar goes when it does decide to start automatically. I run with the tool bar on the left of my second monitor
      Attached Files

Comment

Please check your system event logs for some errors or warnings related to DT or Sidebar.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
          Please check your system event logs for some errors or warnings related to DT or Sidebar.
          Nothing in any event logs.

nvm - I can live without the sidebar. I will just go back to using the notification tray icon.

tnx

Comment

Working...
          X