Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubisoft, you bad bad people. Far Cry Blacklist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubisoft, you bad bad people. Far Cry Blacklist.

Just bought Far Cry. Tried to run it and being a Ubisoft game got the "you have CD/DVD emulation installed please remove".

Checked website for an update. Nope up to date.

Decided to remove daemon tools until Blacklist fixed. Uninstalled, rebooted.

Tried to run Far Cry and got the same error message. Grrr.

Checked Ubisoft website for a patch. Found patch (even though the game is a couple of days old). Downloaded, installed. Still no joy. Grrr again.

Checked manual uninstall instructions & couldn't find any bits of deamon tools still in system. Double Grrr.

I can think of 3 possible reasons it still doesn't work.

a) Ubisoft have gone completely mad and as soon as Far Cry detects you have a CD emulation device the game will not work no matter what you do.

b) Daemon tools has left a tiny piece of itself installed and that's triggering the blacklist.

c) Another piece of software is triggering the blacklist. The only the only program I have installed that I think could do that is Nero 6. Image Drive is disabled and it's pretty stupid to blacklist a very popular CD burning program.

Anyone have any thoughts to a solution?

We'll check ...
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I did some snooping using a registry monitor program and found out Clone CD was causing the problem. (Funny, Clone CD dosen't look like a CD Emulation program to me.)

Uninstalled Clone CD and Far Cry worked.

Reinstalled Daemon Tools and Yey Far Cry still worked.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Older CloneCD versions from Elby installed their CloneDrive - it is blacklisted by most protections. Other soft which can cause trouble with protections is e.g. AnyDVD.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

They may also blacklist Hide-CDR feature in CloneCD.

Comment

Well i have CloneCD and D-tool and alchool...and I made an emu copy of FarCry and it worked with all of those softwares installed with Safedisk Emu on in D-tool and/or Hide CD-R Media in cloneCD. But for me with Alcohol's Ignore Media Type the game starts up but takes so long that it times out and stops responding.

MY PC INFO:
            -CD-RW:LG GCE-8320B(that can only read :cry: )
            -DVD+/-RW:LG GSA-4081B
            -CD-ROM: SONY CDU5211
            -512MB of RAM
            -VIDEO CARD: RADEON 9000 PRO 128MB
            -MOTHERBOARD: MSI VIA KT3 ULTRA
            -PROCESSOR: AMD ATHLON XP 1900+
            -WINXP PRO SP1

Comment

Working...
            X