Incompatible with Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompatible with Windows 7

When I tried to install Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5 in my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, it was said that it didn't compatible with windows 7. It was said that Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5 will compatible with Windows 7... Here is the screenshot :

Last edited by Blazkowicz; 15.11.2009, 10:22.

It is compatible. Windows just don't know it yet for the file name you took.
    Rename it back and windows shouldn't complain.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 15.11.2009, 15:51.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by wilson0804 View Post
      When I tried to install Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5 in my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, it was said that it didn't compatible with windows 7. It was said that Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5 will compatible with Windows 7... Here is the screenshot :

http://photoserver.ws/im*ages/tmZ24aff71e805963.jpg
      I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (x64) with Daemon Tools Lite v4.35.5 and it installed without any warnings or alerts...

You probably have UAC turned on.. i always have mine turned off .. i find it to be very annoying and extremely useless ..

Here's my screenshot:

Comment

When it showed up the alert, I didn't dare to take a risk to install that.. Because my brother said he had ever tried to install it in his vista and he also got that alert. When he took a risk to install it, it caused his windows became error and he had to reinstall his windows just because of this.. And I'm afraid of that.. Beside that, I myself is using Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate.. Yours is the 64 bit..

Comment

Just rename it back to original file name.
          Windows sees DAEMON Tools in file name and therefore the alert.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

What do You mean by renaming to the original file name? I'm using the original file name that I directly downloaded from daemon tools homepage..

Comment

I have tried to install DT pro on my Win7 and i get "not a valid Win 32 app".Help my!?

Comment

@yakov
                Redownload the setup.

@wilson0804
                You are not as when i check your file name, it is DAEMON Tools Lite ... instead of DTLite4355-0068.exe
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for telling me to rename it.. Now, the program is working great !!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X