TES4 Oblivion .ISO not working, securom problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TES4 Oblivion .ISO not working, securom problem

OK I'm somewhat new at making DVD image, and i need a bit of help.

Basically, I installed TES4 on my desktop with the original DVD, no problem there, then made an .ISO file using DT Lite to play it.

I have no problem at all playing it and everything is working fine.

Now here is the bug, I transferred the three .iso file (since there is 3 DVD) on my laptop, if i get in the mood to install it, and I leave it like that.

Now 3 days later I decide to install it, so I mount the .ISO and this SecuROM message pops up asking for the original DVD.

From my search on the forum, I got that my .iso made with Lite could be the problem, but I dont have the DVD with me right now, as I have left it at my place and I'm at a friend (2h drive from home -.-) and I'd really like to know if there is a way to modify the current .ISO so it would work, or avoid secuROM checks.

Also if I am to redo the image (i now have the trial version of DT pro) what would I have to do to ensure it works?

Might be useful to know ive activated the emulation for securom, but i got no idea how it works if there is something more to do than checking a box.

Thanks in advance

A total newbie at creating virtual Image.

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    Recreate your image with DAEMON Tools Pro and New SecuROM profile.

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Creating a disc image
    Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    ISO can't contain protection data and therefore MDS image is needed.
    If the image is correct, it can also work with DT Lite, but DT Lite can't create protection-related images.
    Of course you should recreate the image from your original disk.
    More details here :
    Last edited by pseudo555; 19.11.2009, 20:13.

Comment

yeah i wanted to know if I could get around recreating the image since i dont have the DVD with me right now, but I'll have it tomorrow when I'll be back home.

Why is the iso working on my desktop tough?

Comment

I don't know that 3 DVD version, but e.g. the standalone version of Shivering Isles checks the protection only during installation - not at gamestart.

On the the desktop you've used the originals to install, on the laptop the ISOs.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X