Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for SPTD 1.60???? Help please.

The exact message is

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated.

I just got Windows 7. I've unstalled and reinstalled several times. Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thank you.

Which security software are you running?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Keys Angelo View Post
      I just got Windows 7. I've unstalled and reinstalled several times.
      Is it clean Win7 installation? Did you try to completely remove SPTD (via Registry Editor)?

Comment

Ditto

I am having same issue just upgraded to windows 7 and redownloaded the new daemons file and now it will not work keeps giving the error This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd1.60 or higher kernel debugger must be deactivated.

Have turned off anitvirus tryed to allow to run as admin tryed to run compatible with xp, vista, 2000 all to no avail any other ideas?

Any help appreciated

Comment

@subnero
          Please answer question in post #3
          Peace Through Power

Comment

i have same problem. I tried removing sptd from registry but it didnt worked on winserver 2008.

[Window Title]
            Error Deleting Key

[Content]
            Cannot delete sptd: Error while deleting key.

[OK]

all permission full control except CREATOR OWNER that not allowed me to change to full control even me admin.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I have the same error.
              Antivirus: KIS 2010

Comment

OS upgrade screws SPTD configuration.
                Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, disable SPTD in registry, i.e. open regedit, go to
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
                and change Start to 4, then reboot.
                After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
                Now re-install.
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

winserver doesnt allow me to change permission for creator owner. So i have deletted craetor owner for sptd, so all has full control now. And it still doesnt allow to delete sptd key. winserver 2008 r2

Comment

Same prob.

ALoha,

I have the same problem, using windows 7 OEM 64 bit.
                    Security software I´m using is Threatfire by PCtools, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Eset NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.467.0

I´m reading this topic and I understand that there has to be some modding of the registry, I´m afraid that is a little to complicated for me.

I have strong suspicions that the one or more of my used security software, prevents DT Lite to function properly. It´s very annoying. At some point I had disabled all my security software and then, for a little while, after reinstalling, I could mount images, however not by doubleclicking but just through the right click option on DTLite taskbar Icon and use the menu options. Then without any apparent reason it stopped working, I ain´t got a clue as to what is going on exactly. Any help in simple english is appreciated.

Comment

Threatfire is the cause for this message (SPTD).
                      Also having two antivirus softwares can also cause problems.
                      Regarding double click:
                      Open up the settings of DT Lite -> Integration -> Check necessary file extensions.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                        Threatfire is the cause for this message (SPTD).
                        Also having two antivirus softwares can also cause problems.
                        Regarding double click:
                        Open up the settings of DT Lite -> Integration -> Check necessary file extensions.
                        Excellent, it works, but now I`m not able to run threatfire? Or if I first installed DTL and then Threatfire will it work togehter or do I get the same problem, in which case I will Notify PCtools of this problem, for sure.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ebennett
                        So, I was able to get this reproduced, but I was also able to get Daemon Tools running with ThreatFire. ThreatFire needs to be exited before Daemon tools loads, but it works fine afterward.

I can corroborate this. Once DT is up and running, it doesn't seem to have a problem with TF. However, DT seems to load before TF in the startup queue, so I can't get them to play nice without intervening every time.

Has anybody done more research into where exactly the problem is? What I mean is, does the 32-bit version of Windows work alright? Is it just TF v4.6 that has the problem? Would an older version work?

My system in question is running Win7 x64 with TF v4.6, but I also have a laptop running Win7 x86 and TF v4.0 and it has no conflict with Daemon Tools.

I Think this is it. Iwil try to install DTL and see what happens.....
                        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 25.11.2009, 13:25.

Comment

Can somebody plz just giv me an easy step by step guide to make dt work on 64bit win 7? i tried the regedit way got to changing the 4 thing bt dont know how to delete the key or how to permit the whole thing, nor do I have any idea what this threatFire thing is or how it works? Can somebody plz just tell me how they made thier one work? in easy understandable steps, without computer jargon?

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                            OS upgrade screws SPTD configuration.
                            Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, disable SPTD in registry, i.e. open regedit, go to
                            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
                            and change Start to 4, then reboot.
                            After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
                            Now re-install.
                            Thanks, everything works now.

Comment

hi

i had the same problem with windows 7 and i just unistall my current deamon tools and download this with sptd 1.62 and worked

Disk-Tools.com - Published Software Download

i hope helped

Comment

Working...
                              X