PDA

View Full Version : Asking for SPTD 1.60???? Help please.

Keys Angelo
20.11.2009, 01:15
The exact message is

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated.

I just got Windows 7. I've unstalled and reinstalled several times. Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thank you.

Blazkowicz
20.11.2009, 06:38
Which security software are you running?

Sway
20.11.2009, 12:11
I just got Windows 7. I've unstalled and reinstalled several times.

Is it clean Win7 installation? Did you try to completely remove SPTD (via Registry Editor)?

subnero
20.11.2009, 16:19
I am having same issue just upgraded to windows 7 and redownloaded the new daemons file and now it will not work keeps giving the error This program requires at least windows 2000 with sptd1.60 or higher kernel debugger must be deactivated.

Have turned off anitvirus tryed to allow to run as admin tryed to run compatible with xp, vista, 2000 all to no avail any other ideas?

Any help appreciated

Blazkowicz
20.11.2009, 17:11
@subnero
Please answer question in post #3

someuser222
21.11.2009, 06:39
i have same problem. I tried removing sptd from registry but it didnt worked on winserver 2008.

[Window Title]
Error Deleting Key

[Content]
Cannot delete sptd: Error while deleting key.

[OK]

all permission full control except CREATOR OWNER that not allowed me to change to full control even me admin.

Any suggestions?

DTerror
21.11.2009, 14:09
I have the same error.
Antivirus: KIS 2010

Copytrooper
21.11.2009, 14:35
OS upgrade screws SPTD configuration.
Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, disable SPTD in registry, i.e. open regedit, go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
and change Start to 4, then reboot.
After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
Now re-install.

someuser222
24.11.2009, 07:01
winserver doesnt allow me to change permission for creator owner. So i have deletted craetor owner for sptd, so all has full control now. And it still doesnt allow to delete sptd key. winserver 2008 r2

rekput
25.11.2009, 10:46
ALoha,

I have the same problem, using windows 7 OEM 64 bit.
Security software I´m using is Threatfire by PCtools, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Eset NOD32 Antivirus v4.0.467.0

I´m reading this topic and I understand that there has to be some modding of the registry, I´m afraid that is a little to complicated for me.

I have strong suspicions that the one or more of my used security software, prevents DT Lite to function properly. It´s very annoying. At some point I had disabled all my security software and then, for a little while, after reinstalling, I could mount images, however not by doubleclicking but just through the right click option on DTLite taskbar Icon and use the menu options. Then without any apparent reason it stopped working, I ain´t got a clue as to what is going on exactly. Any help in simple english is appreciated.

Blazkowicz
25.11.2009, 10:52
Threatfire is the cause for this message (SPTD).
Also having two antivirus softwares can also cause problems.
Regarding double click:
Open up the settings of DT Lite -> Integration -> Check necessary file extensions.

rekput
25.11.2009, 11:19
Threatfire is the cause for this message (SPTD).
Also having two antivirus softwares can also cause problems.
Regarding double click:
Open up the settings of DT Lite -> Integration -> Check necessary file extensions.

Excellent, it works, but now I`m not able to run threatfire? Or if I first installed DTL and then Threatfire will it work togehter or do I get the same problem, in which case I will Notify PCtools of this problem, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebennett
So, I was able to get this reproduced, but I was also able to get Daemon Tools running with ThreatFire. ThreatFire needs to be exited before Daemon tools loads, but it works fine afterward.

I can corroborate this. Once DT is up and running, it doesn't seem to have a problem with TF. However, DT seems to load before TF in the startup queue, so I can't get them to play nice without intervening every time.

Has anybody done more research into where exactly the problem is? What I mean is, does the 32-bit version of Windows work alright? Is it just TF v4.6 that has the problem? Would an older version work?

My system in question is running Win7 x64 with TF v4.6, but I also have a laptop running Win7 x86 and TF v4.0 and it has no conflict with Daemon Tools.

I Think this is it. Iwil try to install DTL and see what happens.....

josongiloki
26.11.2009, 05:13
Can somebody plz just giv me an easy step by step guide to make dt work on 64bit win 7? i tried the regedit way got to changing the 4 thing bt dont know how to delete the key or how to permit the whole thing, nor do I have any idea what this threatFire thing is or how it works? Can somebody plz just tell me how they made thier one work? in easy understandable steps, without computer jargon?

DTerror
28.11.2009, 11:38
Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, disable SPTD in registry, i.e. open regedit, go to
After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
Now re-install.

Thanks, everything works now.

mirana_vsa
10.12.2009, 11:25
i had the same problem with windows 7 and i just unistall my current deamon tools and download this with sptd 1.62 and worked

Disk-Tools.com - Published Software Download (http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon+dtpro+sptd+hashcalc)

i hope helped :D :D :D

JinWPG
10.12.2009, 20:23
i had the same problem with windows 7 and i just unistall my current deamon tools and download this with sptd 1.62 and worked

Disk-Tools.com - Published Software Download (http://www.disk-tools.com/download/daemon+dtpro+sptd+hashcalc)

i hope helped :D :D :D

I have the same error message. Tried downloading that, but it didn't help. OS: Upgraded to Windows 7, Antivirus: Norton 360. I tried the regedit, but am not sure how to do the second part : "After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
Now re-install." Thanks.

SKARD
11.01.2010, 14:58
I have Windows XP. I'm getting the same message. I do not use Threatfire.

I downloaded DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62).
I installed on a computer that has not had Daemon Tools before.
First reboot after installation it worked and the tasktray icon loaded.
The next start up and since I got the message.

Seeing the comment about anti-viruses I disabled Avira services (the only AV I'm running) in MSconfig. On the next reboot DT loaded. I went back to Normal Startup and DT has loaded again.

Not clear on what the cause could be.

Blazkowicz
11.01.2010, 16:34
@SKARD
Try the guide posted here (http://daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html) and follow every step regarding SPTD.

SKARD
14.01.2010, 15:21
After a few more start ups it stopped loading again. Followed those instructions, no luck. I got a message that some changes couldn't be made at each step. I had to reboot and try again to succeed.

While installing I got a notification that ForceField had crashed. Now I've uninstalled Avira and ZoneAlarm. This is strange because I have all three programs installed on a another computer with no problems. So why are there problems on this one?

Blazkowicz
14.01.2010, 16:50
ForceField is also known to cause problem.s

SKARD
14.01.2010, 22:19
Okay... Thing is I'm able to run these programs together on another computer. All same version and settings. Why am I running into problems on this one?

uncletrunckles
15.01.2010, 17:35
Now re-install.

can someone give a more understandable explanation for people who haven't used regedit before? cheers.

Blazkowicz
15.01.2010, 19:18
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems (http://daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html)

Chris345
30.01.2010, 22:42
I have been jumping through these hoops all afternoon to get DT installed with no luck. Yes I was able to delete the SPTD keys etc.

but It wasn't until I deleted ZONEALARM 9.1 that I was able to install DT.

This admins tip about forcefield getting in the way was correct.

DL Lite successfully installed on Win 7 x86. by removing Zonealarm.

Problem Solved.

uncletrunckles
02.02.2010, 15:09
Managed to run Daemon tools by following the instructions on Blaskowicz' link but now everytime I mount an image or play a game using the disc it run's for about 30-60mins and then without warning suddenly shuts down. Any ideas?

kmickle
09.02.2010, 16:13
Error: Debugging Isn't Possible Because a Kernel Debugger is Enabled on the System (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cysxtck9.aspx)

evanclifthorne
12.02.2010, 22:00
Running Windows 7 Home Premium - Upgraded from Vista Home Premium
No virus software

I followed the instructions to fully delete the sptd key, then rebooted, checked, and the sptd key was completely gone under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I rebooted again, and then reinstalled DT Pro, and still got the same exact message.

any other thoughts?

thanks in advance.

-e

fleshborn13
16.02.2010, 23:55
Im new to all of this. I received the same message. Im running XP. Please help!

Sway
17.02.2010, 07:52
Follow this guide to reinstall DT/SPTD - DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems (http://daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html)

Incoming
21.03.2010, 21:58
WinXP Pro SP3
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.1.008
NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.35
Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5.68
SPTD 1.62

FROM THE BEGINNING

Normal Mode:
"Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support."

Safe Mode:
Successfully installed DT

Normal Mode:
"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugged must be deactivated"

Uninstalled antivirus:
DT worked without any problems.

Antivirus installed again:
"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugged must be deactivated"

Uninstalling, reinstalling DT, separate installation of SPTD, registry modifications, disabling security software etc.:
Useless stuff!

Any Ideas?...

Sway
22.03.2010, 05:44
DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Security software solutions (http://daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/security_software_solutions.html)

Incoming
22.03.2010, 10:26
OKEY, it's working, but I'm not sure that is good idea to disable this security setting of ZoneAlarm software. Is there any other ways?

P.S. After launch of DT I enabled this setting and DT is working (at least for now).

qu4ddamag3
20.04.2010, 23:08
Now re-install.

It actually worked for me! thnx!:D
Helps seldom works for me so I had to register to this forum just to say this :P

Biskwietje
18.06.2010, 19:30
Same here!! Thanks!!

barrus
22.06.2010, 13:59
I have the same problem, I'm not going to screw around with my registry to get it to work. I wish they would have let you know that Lite is a piece of dung and wouldn't work with Windows 7.

Blazkowicz
22.06.2010, 14:07
You are wrong, it is working fine with Windows 7.

If your security software is blocking something or you upgraded from an existing Windows install to Windows 7 without removing SPTD and then reinstalling is not the software's fault.

Elementalist
02.07.2010, 04:38
as suggested by a previous poster, the only solution to this problem when it is being caused by ZoneAlarm (here is a couple of slow steps for the uneducated in windows 7, CTRL-ALT-DEL, Start Task Manager, "Forcefield.exe"...), and the simplest way to get daemon tools to work is to UNINSTALL your firewall (or stop the appropriate services).

Resetting that registry key has NOTHING to do with this firewall conflict, thanks jackers.

I'm more interested in knowing the reason behind the conflict, I assume that the firewall is detecting something shady about the virtual driver. Or is it the other way round?

What does Daemon have to say on that?

frvme
30.03.2012, 21:08
What if I don't have sptd in my services ? What does this mean ?

akhil358
17.07.2012, 12:27
[QUOTE=Blazkowicz;120832]@subnero
Please answer question in post #3
i have window xp and window 7 RAM 2GB and in both when i mount a iso file using dt ,it says WINDOWS CANNOT READ FROM THE DISC.THE DISC MIGHT BE CORRUPTED,OR IT COULD BE USING A FORMAT THAT IS NOT COMPATIABLE WITH WINDOWS.
can u help?

Sway
17.07.2012, 13:30
Is your problem reproducible for all ISO's or for exact one?