Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random reboots when attempting to do various things

Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Burning Software: BlindWrite Suite 4, Easy Cd Creator 5, Nero Burning Rom ?
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti-Virus 2002
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

My computer reboots whenever I seem to do anything with daemon tools. Currently it automatically starts up when I boot up to windows. When I attempt to disable that feature it reboots. The same thing happens when I try to disable automatic mounting, change the number of virtual drives, install a new version, or uninstall this version. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Check if you've minidump in windows\minidump folder - if so, send newest minidump to support@daemon-tools.cc.
    Also try to update buggy Roxio drivers, or (better) get rid of Easy Coaster Creator bullshit.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Email has been sent, not much I can do besides that. I loaded this up on my parents computer, so uninstalling ECDC and updating nero is out of my hands. They keep asking me to uninstall it, but because I can't figure out why it keeps rebooting I've just been telling them I'm too lazy. I'm just glad I don't have this problem on my computer at school.

Comment

Your crash is caused by Blindwrite autoplay driver pcatip.sys.
        You need update this software to latest version.

Comment

I went ahead an uninstalled blindwrite suite, however, I just crashed again when I attempted to disable the virtual drive. I have sent a new email with the latest minidump.

Comment

pcatip.sys is still in memory
            I hope you understand that every uninstall requires reboot.

Comment

Working...
            X