PDA

View Full Version : problem with autorun and engine code error: 8

locamocha
22.11.2009, 05:58
i just downloaded this program and im trying to follow instructions to use it for something but it seems there's no autorun option after i mount the file. Im assuming the auto insert notification is not disabled because the box is checked but if i click ok an error message that says "engine code error: 8" pops up.

Blazkowicz
22.11.2009, 18:07
What DT and OS version?
Also content of the image is?

squince88
08.12.2009, 01:05
Hello.

I'm running Daemon Tools Lite on Windows Vista. I have installed, un-installed, and re-installed Daemon Tools Lite several times and the problem still remains - No drive letter can be assigned to the device parameter. I get a pop-up error code : 8 whenever I assign a drive letter and click OK.

Anyone know the solution to this problem?

San Real
16.12.2009, 16:46
Hello,

I have the same problem as the user who started this post. Running Windows XP (with latests updates) and running the latest Daemon Tools "lite" 4.35

I can add a virtual drive, but the drive has no letter assigned to it and does not show up in windows explorer. Assigning a drive letter with Daemon Tools results in the "engine code error: 8" message.

I should remark that the program has always worked fine up until now. I have tried to reinstal the CD-Rom drivers, but to no avail. Furthermore, I have been juggling with my .NET framework installation recently, can that have anything to do with this?

I appreciate your input!

Blazkowicz
16.12.2009, 17:05
Can you assign a drive letter through windows?

rfekkes
19.12.2009, 17:44
hi,

I have the exatc same problem (On vista with latest patches and deamon tools lite 4.35)

Is this problem resolved yet?

ekbalam
24.12.2009, 09:15
Looking on the dates of these threads, seems to be a new problem.

At my notebook it comes along with an error message for all cd/dvd drives on windows vista. Since these drives runs until yesterday, I think the problem comes with a windows update or fix ?! :confused:

Would be nice to have a solution for the problem.
Greets Ekbalam

Sway
24.12.2009, 14:22
Did you try to reinstall SPTD and DT completely?

ekbalam
26.12.2009, 10:35
I'm not sure if these works always for this problem. Like I said all my cd/dvd drive didn't worked and there was no letter asigned to the drives.

On my search in the net I found this:
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B929461&x=17&y=15)

Following the description my drives got back including daemon tools.:rolleyes:

Hope, it will help you too.
Greets Ekbalam

rfekkes
26.12.2009, 12:48
Did you try to reinstall SPTD and DT completely?
Yes, i completely uninstalled, rebooted my pc and installed DT lite. With the same error as a result.
I have downloaded DT lite 2 weeks ago and installed it but it has never worked. there are no drives visible (also not in device manager). When i install DT you can hear the "dingdong" that Vista has found a new device...

rfekkes
26.12.2009, 14:40
On my search in the net I found this:
The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista (http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B929461&x=17&y=15)

Nope, this is not working for me. I can see my normal CD/DVD player. It's working fine. But no DT virtual drive. I cannot assign a drive letter. It results in error code 8.

rfekkes
27.12.2009, 13:35
After a reboot in Safe Mode (did no configuration in safe mode) and rebooted back in normal mode and there now shows up a SCSI CDROM DEVICE beneath "Other devices" with a question mark beside it.
Still not working...

rfekkes
27.12.2009, 18:14
I mannualy pointed the unknown device to "cdrom.inf" That instantely did the trick. Why it has not done that automaticly... i do not know..
Probablly a vista bug

LarsCliff
12.02.2010, 17:56
Probablly a vista bug

I think, not only.

I've installed Widows XP 64bit recently.
And then I've installed Daemons 4.35.5 lite. But It doesn't work. Error 8...

kooza
27.04.2010, 07:55
This is a reasonably old thread now so perhaps you guys found a fix. I just did a fresh install of Daemon Lite on Windows 7 Ultimate and had this issue i.e. wasn't assigning drive letter and if I tried to assign manually via Daemon Tools I got the error 8 message.

I managed to get it working by simply going into Virtual Devices and adding another virtual drive, it then assigned a drive letter to both devices.

Drozdek
28.05.2010, 20:01
I have the same problem.
I'm running Win 7 64bit and when I'm trying to add a drive letter it shows Engine Error Code: 8.
I've tried adding new virtual devices, updating driver by pointing C:\Windows\Inf as the directory but nothing seems to help.

Any more ideas about this problem?

iconshade
29.05.2010, 11:16
Ok.. So I was trying to put a drive letter and the error 8 is what I get.... I tried to look in other threads and found no solution.. so I look at the device manager and there is also another problem there which is Code 39... so I tried to find a solution and I found it here : http://http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml

After rebooting, I didn't have a problem assigning drive letters coz it automatically did.

Hope this helps!

mcsnotty1b
29.05.2010, 18:47
i am getting error 8 on a archos 9 tablet . i have no cd drive for dt to shadow. but i do have the "port replicator" . maybe theirs a solve for this new generation of tablets an netbooks?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Blazkowicz
29.05.2010, 18:54
What do you exactly mean with "port replicator"?
DT works without any physical disk drives.

Drozdek
04.06.2010, 12:02
I have the same problem.
I'm running Win 7 64bit and when I'm trying to add a drive letter it shows Engine Error Code: 8.
I've tried adding new virtual devices, updating driver by pointing C:\Windows\Inf as the directory but nothing seems to help.

Any more ideas about this problem?

I also checked my registry and I have no such things as Upper or Lower Filters in there. :(
Also tried uninstalling and then installing SPTD.

These were all four solutions I've found on this forum in similar threads. And still... nothing helped!

Anyone?

achimkrell
12.08.2010, 19:28
same problem as above. Possible conflict with VMWare or MS Virtual PC? Did anyone find a solution for this?

olivieroadrius
21.09.2010, 11:46
same problem as above. Possible conflict with VMWare or MS Virtual PC? Did anyone find a solution for this?

Hello someone found something????

martinyao
06.11.2010, 08:52
Hi guys,

You can try if the following steps work for you.

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Go to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Tab and delete the virtual CD/DVD Rom DT had installed for you.
3. Reboot your machine.

After reboot, go back to Device Manager and you will see the device there again.

Go to DT and try to assign a parameter and you will find the CD/DVD Rom had been assigned with a region and drive.

You can now safely change the drive if you wanted so.

I have tested it on Windows Vista (2 times) and Windows 7 (both x64 and x86) for a few times now and it is working.

Hope it will solve your problem too.

tb63
28.11.2010, 12:13
Same problem but this registry file solved it :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]

triopowell
31.01.2012, 20:59
The registry solution worked for me, and got me out of a OS rebuild - which was the next step! So good work to those who found it! :cool: