Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT problem after activating windows

Hi,
    I was activating my windows 7 today and right after i restarted the computer DT gave me a message that you all know about:
    "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60or higher.
    kernel debugger must be deactivated."
    Well, I've tried the following things to get rid of this.
    1. first i tried uninstalling DT with the uninstall file in the program's folder.
    The uninstall cant go past 35%, it's just gets stuck there and i can wait forever for it to proceed but it wont.
    2. I tried installing the program again, but after its installing the SPTD it tells me to reboot, when i reboot it continue the install, well normally... what i get is the same install again and again every reboot. every reboot i do after it tells me to do after its installing the SPTD leading to another SPTD install which tells me to do another reboot. An unending circle...

Can I do something about it to make it work again? It really pisses me off that I cant install or uninstall this the right way...

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: You must reboot after previous operation
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm stuck where I need to delete the sptd from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd.
      I should enable all permissions on sptd/cfg key first but I don't know how to do that...

Comment

1. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd.
        2. Right click on the key.
        3. Select 'Permissions...'.
        4. Click Advanced.
        5. Set 'Full Control' for all users.

Comment

Working...
        X