help! forgot to uninstall daemon before win7 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! forgot to uninstall daemon before win7 upgrade

like the title says,i screwed up and forgot to uninstall daemon before upgrading to win 7. i have downloaded the latest version of daemon and installed it,but i get this error message after the reboot and everytime i try to start daemon:

"this program requires at least windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher.kernel debugger must be deactivated"

well windows 7 is my os and the sptd is 1.62.

so can anyone tell me how to fix this?thanx for your time.

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: You must reboot after previous operation
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Well, why could not installer detect new OS and do all the necessary cleanup? Users should not be employed in such subtle details as a must of uninstallation before system upgrade. If the software can't work after the system changes the installer has to detect and fix that automatically.

Comment

went to the site you suggested checked my registry after the uninstall and there were no reg keys concerning daemon.

so i tried to install the SPTD stand alone version 1.62 and it says "this platform is not supported"

any other suggestions?

Comment

Then you downloaded the wrong SPTD 1.62 installer. There are two, one for 32 bit (x86) and one for 64 bit (x64).
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

got it working!i ended up deleting the sptd folder in the registry rebooted and reinstalled and now it workd fine thanks for the help friend.

Comment

Working...
            X