Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between IDE and SCSI virtual units

HI

What are the differences between IDE and SCSI virtual units created by DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced 4.35.0306?

THANKS

BYE

With IDE drives ProtectDisc 8 and more SecuROM versions are working than with SCSI drives.

EDIT: @ß
    I had a typo, but So Blonde with PD 8 is working.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 05.12.2009, 22:27.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

protectdisc fixed ? really ??

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      With IDE drives ProtectDisc 10 and more SecuROM versions are working than with SCSI drives.
      really ??? protecdisc emulation has been fixed has it ?
      since when ?

neither goblins 4 or so blonde work for me using vide (have not tried scsi)

i made the images using dt pro with protecdisc5 profile. (the only one with protecdisc in the profile name)

please list the protecdisc v10 game(s) you know work.

both give me the "not original disc" message.
      goblins 4 also mentions that it's using an emulator and has this link.

Scanning -> F:\Program Files\Snowball Studios\Gobliiins 4\Exe\GoblinoidsR.exe
      File Type : Exe, Size : 4731030 (0483096h) Byte(s)
      -> File has 307398 (04B0C6h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0437FD0h
      [Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000000000000001100100111
      [!] Protect DiSC v9.5.0 [Build 0x16008 / 90120] detected!
      [i] cd/dvd check enabled: yes
      - Scan Took : 0.812 Second(s)

Scanning -> F:\Program Files\ANACONDA\So Blonde\SoBlonde.exe
      File Type : Exe, Size : 4648984 (046F018h) Byte(s)
      -> File has 395234 (0607E2h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 040E836h
      [Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000000000000001000100101
      [!] Protect DiSC v8.1.5 [Build 0x139B1 / 80305] detected!
      [i] protection level: Professional
      [i] cd/dvd check enabled: yes
      - Scan Took : 0.797 Second(s)

Comment

With IDE drives ProtectDisc 8 and more SecuROM versions are working than with SCSI drives.

EDIT: @ß
        I had a typo, but So Blonde with PD 8 is working.
        how ? i get the not original disc message.

Comment

If you get only insert original, it is a bad image (try different DPM speed).
          But if you get Emulator Info, it is another issue.
          My So Blonde has 8.1.1 and working.

EDIT: I also tried Going Downtown with PD 8.2.0 which is working in vIDE.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

But if you get Emulator Info, it is another issue.
            My So Blonde has 8.1.1 and working.

EDIT: I also tried Going Downtown with PD 8.2.0 which is working in vIDE.
            is there a "sweet spot" dpm speed for the protectcd profile ? or is there at least a consensus that using the lowest dpm speed available to a drive is better then using the highest ? or suchlike ?

i have to go back to recheck the error to be sure. (one mentions emulator the other does not) (have to boot into other o/s)

is there a reason why the profile has not been updated to "ProtectCD/DVD 8xx" or suchlike ? ..to better reflect it's potential. as it is, protectcd5 infers that it only works with cd's as opposed to also reading dvd's, and also that version 5 is the highest version it can bypass. can you find out if they plan to change the profile by the next dt pro release ? (yes something this small and for many, no doubt, "unimportant", bothers me.)

can i also assume that protecdisc v9.x is known to not work then, and i shouldn't expect goblins 4 to work atm?

Comment

Shouldn't ProtectDISC DVD images work without DPM ?
              Originally Posted by ß View Post
              is there a reason why the profile has not been updated to "ProtectCD/DVD 8xx" or suchlike ?
              Good point; internally this has been brought up more than once.
              But hey, hope dies last
              Last edited by Terramex; 06.12.2009, 14:12.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ok, here are the boxes.

i assume the goblins 4 one, being newer has added the link.

i will remake so blonde with different dpm speed.

can you answer about v9 ? what is the problem here ? i asked if dt pro supports protectcd v9.xx. if not, then there's no point in me remaking the goblins image at this stage. so just tell me so i know. also what dpm setting did you use for so blonde ? and if dpm is the problem as you imply, using yours may work ? so please attach it. my so blonde is the uk version and has the bbfc rating logo.

Comment

Version 9 isn't working yet as Emulator.
                  Try DPM 4x or a different one, it depends on the drive (of course High DPM Quality must be checked)
                  As my So Blonde is a German one which has a lower PD version, it surely doesn't work, but attached it for you.

You also must have a compressed image or else MDS will not work 100%.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blazkowicz; 06.12.2009, 16:12.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                    Shouldn't ProtectDISC DVD images work without DPM ?
                    I only remember now that only DT Pro's ProtectCD 5 profile does keep the required fake CSS attribute in the MDS.
                    So other DT Pro profiles won't work. But from my experience ProtectDISC DVD images should work without DPM when created with Alcohol where the CSS attribute is present.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Version 9 isn't working yet as Emulator.

You also must have a compressed image or else MDS will not work 100%.
                      1.) right, ok. not good but at least now i know.

2.) did you make it (your mds) with dt ? (or alcohol?)

Comment

I always create my images with DT.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                        X