PDA

View Full Version : Invalid serial

ava_ati
19.12.2009, 00:45
I tried upgrading to 4.35.0308 and I had to download it because it wouldn't update inside the program but when I tried to install it I put the serial from https://secure.disc-soft.com/account/serials but for some reason that serial refuses to work... I even tried setting the account to inactive but it will not work at all.

Purchase date: 25-Sep-2009 (23:14) DownloadDownload 4.35.0308
Select version
Free upgrades until: 25-Sep-2010 (23:14) Prolong
Instances: 1 Modify
State: InactiveInactive

ava_ati
19.12.2009, 00:56
Okay it will let me reinstall 307 but wont let me upgrade to 308 even though it says upgrades until sep 2010

BoxOfSnoo
19.12.2009, 04:04
Okay it will let me reinstall 307 but wont let me upgrade to 308 even though it says upgrades until sep 2010

Same problem. I got it on upgrade to 307 and again on upgrade to 308. In fact, I *can't* even reinstall 307 as it says that one is invalid too.

Software Activation is hostile to legitimate customers at the BEST of times. It had better work perfectly, always, otherwise people get quite angry.

Like I am, right now.

your_chiqui
19.12.2009, 06:51
Same problem... I uninstalled and removed all references to DT, but still invalid license..

I couldn't install 4.5.3007...

What gives?

TaylorMade
19.12.2009, 08:34
Same problem, not a happy camper. It's problems like these that anger legitimate customers. One of your "improvements" was: (please see bullet point 7)

What's new:

- SPTD 1.62;
- New MDX (Media Data eXtended) format supporting;
- New powerful burning engine;
- GUI redesign and improvement;
- Use Windows 7 taskbar features for burning progress;
- Hotkeys in Image Editor;
- Activation process improvement: activation wizard, serial numbers;
- Setup Wizard improvements;
- Languages updates.

Complete failure to test activation scheme? I don't think I'll renew my license in September of 2010. I was hesitant to spend 66 US dollars on this software, but did so anyway. This situation reinforces my apprehension. I'd say we need a solution as I don't see a refund coming our way. Fix it, please. ASAP.

dlac0089
19.12.2009, 11:25
I had the same problem with my serial.

I used the "run as administrator" right-click command on dtpro.exe and no more invalid license message during activation.

I use last 308 version with Windows 7 x64.

Hope this can help.

ava_ati
19.12.2009, 15:56
I had the same problem with my serial.

I used the "run as administrator" right-click command on dtpro.exe and no more invalid license message during activation.

I use last 308 version with Windows 7 x64.

Hope this can help.

So you installed the installer as a trial version, and then started dtpro in admin mode and then activated it after it was installed? I tried running the installer itself in admin mode but nojoy... I too am running windows 7 x64, wonder if that is just a coincidence or a bug.

Blazkowicz
19.12.2009, 16:00
Well, tech guys are already working on that problem as not every user is affected.

your_chiqui
19.12.2009, 16:09
I am runnig windows vista... with no ACL... and I still have the same problem. Hmm, I own 6 licenses and in ALL OF THEM I get the same invalid serial.. So I think is with ALL USERS sir..

Same issue on my XP machine...

your_chiqui
19.12.2009, 16:32
Guys,

I finally got it to work..

Windows Vista
- Uninstall SPTD... (Reboot)
- Go in as administrator
- Disable Firewall
- Reinstall Daemon tools (Reboot) (Disable advance user layer) (Select run as admin)

And happy camper again ... Thanks for all your efforts... same procedure for XP..

Thanks

BoxOfSnoo
20.12.2009, 20:15
Guys,

I finally got it to work..

Windows Vista
- Uninstall SPTD... (Reboot)
- Go in as administrator
- Disable Firewall
- Reinstall Daemon tools (Reboot) (Disable advance user layer) (Select run as admin)

And happy camper again ... Thanks for all your efforts... same procedure for XP..

I think all of these things are red herrings... I don't think anything we do fixes the bug on Daemon-tools end.

A couple of days ago, I installed the trial version, and entered the serial within the program. The serial was rejected. Today, did exactly the same thing, it worked.

I know I'm not going to put up with another failure like this... I'm figuring out what games need vIDE and finding another way around using them. Next time I can't install, I might just not bother.