Very Resilient Starforce Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Resilient Starforce Protection

I have had Lock On Flaming Cliffs for quite some time but I have not played with this game because of its resilient copy protection.

According to A-ray it uses Starforce 3.7.16.01

[12:18:22 PM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\AsyncNet.dll
    [12:18:25 PM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\LockOn.exe
    [12:18:27 PM] StarForce 3.7.16.01 detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\protect.dll
    [12:18:28 PM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\su39.dll
    [12:18:29 PM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\View.dll
    [12:18:29 PM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\World.dll
    [12:18:29 PM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\WorldGeneral.dll

According to Protection ID:
    [I] Init cd/dvd sector scan for Drive I
    [!] Disc Protection: Starforce Keyless
    ... Possible Key : 6ZW3VYA4GSJVT4CXSKF97Q7Y

I have tried to create an image using a trial version of DAEMON Tools Pro Advance 4.35.0308.0131
    The image creation seemed successful using the following equipment:

LG GCC-4521B (an internal drive connected via USB-IDE bridge)
    This setup provides a convenient way of removing a drive when using Starforce games.

I have used the vIDE of DAEMON Tools yet the program still fails to run.

Note that the same drive was successful in creating images for Death to Spies & UAZ Racing 4x4 both protected by higher versions of Starforce. Both programs ran fine.

Also note that I used the MDX file format to create the image.

Thanks.

I have uploaded a screenshot of the message generated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Su-27FlankerB; 26.12.2009, 05:31. Reason: Anecdotes

Try to recreate image file using mds/mdf format, StarForce profile and High DPM Extraction Method at 4x speed.

Comment

There shouldn't be any disadvantage in using mdx or in choosing normal DPM precision.

@Su-27FlankerB
      Is it a CD or DVD ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Su-27FlankerB
        Also, which national version are you running and which patch did you install ?
        e.g. the english version of Flaming Cliffs 1.1 is SF 3.4.77, 1.11 is 3.6.10.6, 1.12a/b is 3.7.19.4.
        Russian 1.11 is 3.6.10.6, 1.12 is 3.7.14.2

P.S.: of course all version should work with no real drive attached
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex

It's only in CD.

My version is UK/EU using 3.7.16.01

"...which patch did you install?"
          I'll try this one yet

Thanks everyone I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I patched the program to 1.12B & now A-Ray Scanner gives out this version of Starforce.

Starforce 3.7.19.04

[11:09:24 AM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\AsyncNet.dll
            [11:09:26 AM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\LockOn.exe
            [11:09:28 AM] StarForce 3.7.19.04 detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\protect.dll
            [11:09:32 AM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\su39.dll
            [11:09:32 AM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\View.dll
            [11:09:32 AM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\World.dll
            [11:09:32 AM] StarForce detected -> C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On - Flaming Cliffs\WorldGeneral.dll
            [11:09:32 AM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [7.38s] ---

Is it possible that the image created was not good enough?

Thanks. everyone.

Comment

I have a new Pioneer DVD-Rewriter. I might as well try using this to create a new image. DVR-A18L.

Comment

Originally Posted by Su-27FlankerB View Post
                I have a new Pioneer DVD-Rewriter. I might as well try using this to create a new image. DVR-A18L.
                Yes, retry with your new drive with the lowest DPM speed possible.

If that doesn't work as well you can try the attached MDS files, but i don't know if they're corresponding to your SF key/UK version - just try, and don't forget to adjust the filename
                They can't be used with DT Pro images so you need to create a new image with Alcohol - according to your older threads you use it too.

Additional notes:
                - uninstall all other virtual SCSI drives created by other apps
                - delete all former HardwareProfile subkeys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn 1.1 Flaming Cliffs CD\Keys
                Attached Files

Comment

Terramex, there is no need to uninstall any drives when getting "insert licensed disc".
                  This clearly states (as you already said) bad image.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                    Terramex, there is no need to uninstall any drives when getting "insert licensed disc".
                    Afair the check might take longer with other SCSI drives present. Correct me if i'm wrong
                    Haven't dealed with SF for a very long time.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post

If that doesn't work as well you can try the attached MDS files, but i don't know if they're corresponding to your SF key/UK version - just try, and don't forget to adjust the filename
                      They can't be used with DT Pro images so you need to create a new image with Alcohol - according to your older threads you use it too.

Additional notes:
                      - delete all former HardwareProfile subkeys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn 1.1 Flaming Cliffs CD\Keys
                      I'll give this one a try.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                        This clearly states (as you already said) bad image.
                        What baffles me the most is that how come this drive LG GCC-4521B (attached via IDE-USB bridge) makes a good image of my other Starforce protected games (i.e. UAZ 4x4 & Death to Spies) considering that the two are more recent and use much later versions of Starforce.

My Pioneer drive performed much worse when I tested it to create an MDX image of UAZ 4x4.

Comment

Terramex i haven't seen a time increasing.
                          Su-27Flanker, old SF3 required a better DPM quality than newer ones.
                          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Su-27FlankerB View Post
                            My Pioneer drive performed much worse when I tested it to create an MDX image of UAZ 4x4.
                            But maybe it performs better with Flaming Cliffs - which in contrast to the other two is a CD title.

btw. my LG drive also performs much better with DVDs than with CDs

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post

Additional notes:
                              thanks Terramex,I have the same problem,can you give me some advice to burn the mdx to a CD? and would you tell me how grab the SF information from the protect CD.

Comment

Working...
                              X