No announcement yet.

Device [E:] 20100105_0926 instead of..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device [E:] 20100105_0926 instead of..

I've been trying to mount a number of games onto virtual drives.
    Problem is, once i mount the ISO or MDS file, it keeps saying to insert cd, simply because the virtual drive's name doesn't change to what the cd would be called (eg command and conquer tiberian sun being TS1) and i can't rename them, therefore the program doesn't recognise it and thinks there is no cd in the drive.

I am using a netbook and can't burn to cd's etc. because i have no cd rom drive.
    help would help!
    thanks

How did you create your image?
    Is AIN (Automatic Insert Notification) enabled?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I made it in Magic ISO

Comment

And that is probably the problem as if i remember correct MagicISO is setting creation date instead of real disk label.

Please create an image with DAEMON Tools Pro and SafeDisc profile.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Ok, i downloaded Daemon Tools Pro Advanced Trial, because i was using lite before. The only way you can create an Image file is from a virtual/physical drive is it not? so therefore i had to mount an old iso made in magic iso, to drive E: and then make another ISO from there, then mount it again, which failed. I think i am doing it wrong as the drive is still called 20100105_0926 instead of "TS1"

Comment

Originally Posted by bolsty View Post
            The only way you can create an Image file is from a virtual/physical drive is it not?
            With the netbook it is, but you can't turn a non-working image into a working one.
            You need to create an image of your original physical disc like you did when using Magic ISO.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              With the netbook it is, but you can't turn a non-working image into a working one.
              You need to create an image of your original physical disc like you did when using Magic ISO.
              how though? download daemon tools on the other pc and try? yeh i think il try that, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X