PDA

View Full Version : Device [E:] 20100105_0926 instead of..

bolsty
05.01.2010, 10:18
I've been trying to mount a number of games onto virtual drives.
Problem is, once i mount the ISO or MDS file, it keeps saying to insert cd, simply because the virtual drive's name doesn't change to what the cd would be called (eg command and conquer tiberian sun being TS1) and i can't rename them, therefore the program doesn't recognise it and thinks there is no cd in the drive.

I am using a netbook and can't burn to cd's etc. because i have no cd rom drive.
help would help!
thanks

Blazkowicz
05.01.2010, 16:26
How did you create your image?
Is AIN (Automatic Insert Notification) enabled?

bolsty
05.01.2010, 17:46
I made it in Magic ISO

Blazkowicz
05.01.2010, 18:13
And that is probably the problem as if i remember correct MagicISO is setting creation date instead of real disk label.

Please create an image with DAEMON Tools Pro and SafeDisc profile.

bolsty
06.01.2010, 02:56
Ok, i downloaded Daemon Tools Pro Advanced Trial, because i was using lite before. The only way you can create an Image file is from a virtual/physical drive is it not? so therefore i had to mount an old iso made in magic iso, to drive E: and then make another ISO from there, then mount it again, which failed. I think i am doing it wrong as the drive is still called 20100105_0926 instead of "TS1"

Terramex
06.01.2010, 10:27
The only way you can create an Image file is from a virtual/physical drive is it not?With the netbook it is, but you can't turn a non-working image into a working one.
You need to create an image of your original physical disc like you did when using Magic ISO.

bolsty
07.01.2010, 11:41
With the netbook it is, but you can't turn a non-working image into a working one.
You need to create an image of your original physical disc like you did when using Magic ISO.

how though? download daemon tools on the other pc and try? yeh i think il try that, thanks.