Startup error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup error

I have tried several times installing Lite onto my computer, it installs fine, but when I try to run it it updates the virtual drive and then closes. After the first attempt to run it it doesn't respond at all, I click the icon and my computer mouse changes to the loading icon, but nothing happens. I'm running windows 7 professional, and have avg free security (but that doesn't react to it I think), and when I installed the trial version of pro it worked fine. My trial period expired and I have lots of backed up disks I need access to... So I tried reinstalling Lite and same problem, it updates the drive, closes then won't respond. Help?

Can you see DAEMON Tools Lite icon in the system tray?

Comment

Windows 7 issue

I am using Windows 7 as well and AVG Free anti-virus. I do not see Daemon Tools Lite in my system tray. BTW I am having the same issues as the above post.

Comment

Same problem for me.
        I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.
        Downloaded latest version of daemon lite:
        DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62)

When I try to run the program, nothing happens. (only for 1 sec my cursor change to loading)

Could this be a bug of the latest version?

Comment

Check Task Manager for DTLite.exe.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

I checked for DTLite.exe and it does not show up. Is it possible that my AVG Virus protection is preventing it from showing? If so, how can I disable it to allow DT access?

Comment

Problem solved for me. The program does start up, only it does not show a window .
              As in Windows 7 you cannot see all the taskbar icons i have to click on the "arrow" to see that the daemon lite is working .

I'm not sure this simple solution is the solution for others.

Comment

I checked the system tray, and there is still not an icon for Lite. I am beginning to wonder if there is a possibility that my AVG is blocking it from installing correctly, or it might be a bug in the downloaded file. Please see above posts for the details of my OS.

Comment

Same problem with vista

Exactly the same thing.. aldo my compuer does start woring loudly for some time,but after that nothing happens.daemon tools cant start

Comment

Describe your problem more detailed. Specify DT version

Comment

Checked task manager,i have DTlite i proceses but not in aplications

Comment

DTLite shouldn't be shown in Applications.

Comment

Working...
                        X