Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc crashes when mounting iso - watching film. pls help

hello there.
    i have a problem a couple of weeks now which is annoying.
    when i mount a .iso file ( a movie ) and watch it with VLC or power dvd, my pc crashes. the screen freezes and the last sound starts to " loop ". i cant do anything and have to restart.

this ONLY happens when i have a iso mounted and watch that .iso film. it doesnt matter if i use VLC or power dvd, the pc crashes after a while, sometimes it takes 1minutes, sometimes 20.
    i can watch .avi films or any other type. also when i BURN the .iso movie on a dvd i can watch it and nothing happens. the problem only happens when i have the .iso mounted and also watch it.

my specs:
    windows xp ( all updated )
    ati 4870 ( newest drives. also had problem with older drivers ).
    daemon tools lite newest version.

sorry for my bad english. i hope you can help

Is it DVD or Blu-ray?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Is it DVD or Blu-ray?
      dvd. doesnt matter if pal or ntsc tho

Comment

Do you have a GigaByte mainboard?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Do you have a GigaByte mainboard?
          MSI P45 Neo2-FR

Comment

I have the same problem.
            In my case, I use the latest mpc home cinema and my pc freezes exactly as you describe.

As I write these lines, I test this: I mounted the iso but copied the ts_ folder in my hard disk and played from there. So far no problem. It usually stops in the first 10-20 minutes otherwise.
            The decoding is using PDVD9(cyberlink power dvd) codec with the DXVA enabled.

I cannot say for sure what part of the system is wrong. My first idea was the buggy-as-hell catalyst drivers but the dvds I tested were all in iso format, not actual disks. I have no problems with other files( avi, mkv and so on).

If anyone has any valuable info please report.

ga-ma790xt-ud4p,
            phenom ii 955
            ati 5850 with cat 10.1
            4 gb 1333 ddr3 kingston
            win xp32 sp3,
            latest drivers

Comment

vrekman32, disable Gigabyte Energy Saver.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

gigabyte energy saver...

there is an "Easy Energy saver" utility (which I don't use)
                and there is an energy saver "behavior" of the motherboard which automatically adjusts voltage and MHz of the processor.
                For my troubleshooting purposes, I have everything on auto/default in bios. I cannot find any options with the words "energy saver" in it. The only relevant option is the K8 cool n quiet option which I disabled. Is there any other option which has to do with energy saver?
                (Bios is F7 and I already know about the ctrl+F1 additional options btw)

(the manual of the mobo is located here:

)

Comment

Working...
                X