DAE on old cds = bad track lengths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAE on old cds = bad track lengths?

I created the previous posts and have learned something to add to them, however i still have the problem and would ask for any help you guys could give.

The new things i have discovered as of this time around seem to be this:

When using the newest winamp (5.03) and playing cd audio from the original cd, everything plays and reads fine IF 'Enable Digital Audio Extraction when possible' is not selected. When DAE is selected (for playback) it changes the size of the last two audio tracks on both MechWarrior 2, and Quake Shareware CDs.

I dont suppose it matters what player plays the cd, if DAE is enabled in that player the cd dosnt read properly on the end two tracks.

Both of those cds are very old, but in perfect condition.. there is obviously some form of error occouring when it comes to the use of DAE when reading some very old cds.

So..... i need to either know why this happens so i can correct the problem, or i need to know if there are any 1:1 ripping programs out there which support disabling of digital audio extraction for the cd tracks.

If you guys could provide any help in resolving this ongoing issue, it would be appreciated.

Ratha
Working...
X