No announcement yet.

Windows 7: No longer demount or mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7: No longer demount or mount?

Hello all, and thank you for making this program and site excellent.

I have the latest version of DT:Lite installed on my Windows 7 machine. (Did not upgrade, the laptop was always W7). It installed without a problem.
    The program also runs well, as far as I can tell; the problem is making any changes to it.
    Since I am technologically TOTALLY incapabale, I can only try to describe as best as possible what the situation is:
    - Before my machine was stolen, I had an older version of DT on my Vista machine, and one could access the program via the little icon in the Vista toolbar, bottom-right. The current version of DT:L does not seem to have that. Instead:
    - When I installed DT:L, there was a "mini-application" in the form of a small GUI, open as a window; this mini-application worked well and I was able to use it to mount and demount images.
    - However, I disabled it somehow; I do not know how. I know I wanted to, because I did not want to have this window open all the time. Also, I did not wish for the images that I had mounted be visible to all users of the computer; I wanted to be able to have it be empty by default and mount the image I want manually; additionally, I wanted the applet to be visible only on demand.
    - Now, however, I cannot access the program. By double-clicking its icon, nothing happens. I can (manually) mount the last image I had mounted, and that is nice, but I cannot mount a different image.

Can anybody tell me how I can rectify the situation?
    Thank you

Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thank you. I didnt realize DT:L had an icon for the icon tray in its latest version.

The site to which you linked was about Windows XP, not Windows 7, but that shouldn't make a difference? While I was able to understand about 25% of the information on that thread to which you linked, I was not able to understand enough to work out a solution. As in your signature, I am, sadly, the new and improved idiot who has no knowledge of what CMD means.

Thanks anyhow for your time

Comment

Right, just curious, since I really am not computer savvy and actually have spent the last couple of weeks trying unsuccessfully to figure this out, can anyone give me some help please? I would dearly like to run DT Lite under Windows 7, but have the problems listed above. Thank you.

Comment

Hmn, it's been another month and still no reply, although my post was viewed more than 1,500 times. What's wrong?

Again, I DID read that terribly lengthy thread to which Mr. B. linked, and although I only understood about 20% of it, I tried all the suggestions I did understand. The "main problem", IIUC, listed in that thread does not seem to be mine, since I do have other taskbar icons, and logging off etc. as suggested in that thread have no effect, it is only DT I can no longer access.

Can anyone please help? This is Windows 7 Home Premium, and I cannot access DT, although I can always mount the last (and only) image I was ever able to mount (first time running) by accessing DT in the Windows 7 icon I had pasted to the Windows 7 key and selecting from the drop-down list (containing only 1 item) the last image (the only image).

Any one of you 1,500 viewers? Thank you

Comment

Please post the Daemon Tools registry start key (should be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run).
            Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
            They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hello and thank you. I spent about 15 minutes looking for that document without any luck. Can you give me a name for which I can search? Also, I am running WIndows 7 in German, and am not sure where I can find the appropriate folders, there is certainly none that look similar. I tried under Progsx86 and User/My Name, but found nothing. Perhaps via a search of the local hard drive? Thank you.

Comment

It is in registry (start -> run -> regedit)
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  It is in registry (start -> run -> regedit)
                  Thank you. I do not understand how to access this. When I hit start (windows key?) I see no option for "run". I am sorry if this is something everyone else understands, but maybe there are other people like me out there from whom this is new. Is this in the control panel? What *exactly* must I do?
                  Thank you

Comment

Then press windows key and R and run will open up.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

That windows run option was hard for me too at first.

Not sure every n00b appreciates an expert's sig saying "Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot".

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                        Then press windows key and R and run will open up.
                        or press Windows start button, type run or regedit into the search box, and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                        X