Daemon Tools - Unable to add adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools - Unable to add adapter

My daemon tools cant add adapter.. help me Plzz...

Please follow this guide to reinstall DT/SPTD - DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems

Comment

Hi

Hi I have the same problem and tried to follow the procedure mentioned here.

While going through the step No. 7, which is "Press on OK, this will take a little time to complete (it is possible you have to close the Permissions window and reopen it to continue;"

I get a error message saying "Registry Editor could not set owner on the key currently selected , or some of its subkeys"

pls help

Thnx a lot
      Kris.

Comment

This happens when SPTD is still active. It seems you forgot to reboot after setting value of start to 4.
        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 19.05.2010, 17:03.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I don't think it's not a reboot issue. I just ran into the same problem and was able to get around it. The issue is that you don't have the permissions for the subfolders. Before I was able to take ownership, I had to give myself explicit full control to that folder first. The user "administrator" has default control but for windows 7, you usually have another user that has admin privileges. add that user to the subfolder (i think it's cfg) and then take ownership and then proceed along. hope that helps.

Brandon
          System Admin

Comment

Working...
          X