Getting Internal Error when installing! :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Internal Error when installing! :/

i downloaded the latest version of daemon tools lite (4.35.5) and it says Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact Support.

i tried turing off all my security programs and installing as admin and it still gave me the error.

i tried to install an older version of daemon tools and it says i have a newer one installed. i went to control panel and i dont have daemon tools lite installed.

does anyone know how to fix this? any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

What security software do you use?
    DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Security software solutions

Comment

Originally Posted by jman76358 View Post
      i downloaded the latest version of daemon tools lite (4.35.5) and it says Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact Support.

i tried turing off all my security programs and installing as admin and it still gave me the error.

i tried to install an older version of daemon tools and it says i have a newer one installed. i went to control panel and i dont have daemon tools lite installed.

does anyone know how to fix this? any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
      Have exactly the same error, gues its nothing to do with security but more with failed uninstal of previous versions. May guess would be some registry keys or something like that. help please

Comment

Please follow my previous post.

Comment

I am receiving the exact same error. I've done everything suggested on the linked page and that failed. I've tried hunting through my registries to clear out any of those form the previous failed install. I've tried completely shutting my security software off, virus, firewall, and spyware, turned it all off. None of that worked at all.

There is something left over from the failed install that is causing this error and messing with security software isn't going to resolve it. Is there another suggestion out there?

Comment

Vebrandsson, you may tell us which security software you are running?
            If it is the free ZoneAlarm, just stop ForceField using Task Manager and services (in Administrative Tools).
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              Vebrandsson, you may tell us which security software you are running?
              If it is the free ZoneAlarm, just stop ForceField using Task Manager and services (in Administrative Tools).
              Actually I have the paid version of zonealarm, but I have already shut forcefield down in that manner, it did not resolve the error.

Comment

What OS are you running and which exact paid version of ZA? Did you check for IWSVC.exe in Task Manager?
                If it is there, close it.
                Do you have ZA's toolbar installed? If yes, uninstall it.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

ERROR 14

Hi my name is Ross i also receive the same error message

system info is as follows....
                  Windows 7 Ultimate edition 64bit
                  Spyware doctor with antivirus secruity

(note spyware doctor did not react to the install even so i still turned it off and restarted and still received the same error with no security running...)

i tryed installing all three versions and none of them worked same error

the welcome screen shows up and says hit next to continue
                  as soon as i hit next for the first time it gives the error

running on a P6X58D Premium mother board 6G ram
                  this is the only program i have had problems installing so far
                  (this is a new computer so this was my first time installing this file so its not do to old files...)

Comment

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Security software solutions
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                    X