PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Tools Not Mounting ISO Files

leo1337x
19.02.2010, 00:33
Title basically says it all. Once I try to mount a file, in this case I've been trying to mount an ISO file, it attempts to mount it.... but nothing happens. In other words it doesn't open the file I want to mount. I've beem looking around the forums and saw that it could have something to do with a couple Microsoft updates I could've installed. If this is a repeated thread I do apologize and thank you in advance.

Sway
19.02.2010, 12:07
What is your DT version?

Copytrooper
19.02.2010, 14:53
Is a drive letter assigned to the virtual device?

bomikim12
15.09.2010, 20:38
What is your DT version?

i have the same problem and i just downloaded the DT lite 4356.

this isn't the first time i mounted this ISO image to a computer so i don't understand why it's not working

i would click to mount the image and the "mounting" thing pops up in the middle of the screen for a few second and nothing happens after...

Sway
16.09.2010, 07:38
Can you browse your virtual drive via My Computer or any other file manager?

robertguillegan
16.11.2010, 01:28
Having the same problems with it...

cokeman
30.12.2010, 04:52
same problem with iso files and the new version DT 4356. These iso files mounted with the older version of DT. Only started problem with new upgrade to DT 4356

Sway
30.12.2010, 07:31
What is the "same problem"?
Which way did you mount an image?
What is the result of mounting?
Can you browse your virtual drive via My Computer or any other file manager?

klica
12.01.2011, 08:48
Hello may I ask how to mount image. I'm using DTlite 4.40.1.127 (winXP sp3) and when i try to add an image DTlite just broke. i was using Dtlite before and i had never had any problems about mounting

Sway
12.01.2011, 09:11
when i try to add an image DTlite just broke
Describe the problem more detailed. What do you mean DTLite just broke?

joximus
16.02.2011, 01:48
Hello,
I'm having problem with ISO file association.
I have installed DT Lite 4.40.2.0131 on windows 7 system.
On my administrator account I have no problems double clicking on ISO file and mounting it. But on my limited windows acoount in Integration menu ISO file is not checked. When I try to check it windows asks me for administrator password. After I enter the password nothing happends. ISO file association is still unchecked and I cannot mount it on double click in windows explorer. However I have no problem mounting it trough the systray menu. I have tried to associate ISO file extension with DT in Control panel/Default Programs/Set Associations, but after that when I double click ISO file in win explorer I get error: "Error in command line"

Sway
16.02.2011, 07:24
Did you try to run DTLite as administrator (via "Run as...")?

joximus
16.02.2011, 17:35
Did you try to run DTLite as administrator (via "Run as...")?
Yes I did. When I run DT under administrator account (via run as) ISO file association is checked.
But that does not help double clicking in explorer which is run under limited user account.
I hope I have understood you question correctly. If not please be more specific what do you want me to try.

Sway
17.02.2011, 09:18
Ok, if you successfully enabled ISO files association, the icon of your ISO image should be changed to DTLite icon. Was it changed?

joximus
17.02.2011, 10:28
Problem is that when I run DTlite as limited user ISO file association is disabled. It is enabled only when I run DTLite as administrator (via run as or normal login).

yorik
17.02.2011, 11:01
Screenshot please of this "disabled" under limited user option?

joximus
17.02.2011, 23:10
Here it is:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/joximus/limited.jpg

Sway
18.02.2011, 09:58
Do you have UAC enabled?

joximus
19.02.2011, 01:39
My UAC settings:
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb334/joximus/UAC.jpg

jroyale
19.02.2011, 04:17
I'm having the same exact problem and there doesn't seem to be a single website on the internet that can help with this. I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite and it seems like every time I mount my .iso file onto my Virtual Drive 0, it'll say "mounting" and thats it. No game will start, nothing. Nothing happens.

Sway
19.02.2011, 10:21
My UAC settings:

Please follow these steps:

1. Run DTLite as usual (under your restricted user account).
2. Go to Preferences --> Integration section.
3. Mark ISO checkbox.
4. Click Apply.

You will get UAC window like this:
http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/attachment.php?attachmentid=1146&stc=1&d=1298110635

5. Type the password of your local administrator account.
6. Click Yes.

After that the changes will be successfully saved for your restricted user account.

Tested on Windows 7 x64 with DTLite 4.40.2.

If it doesn't work for you, try do disable your security software. Some security software can forbid making changes in the registry.

Sway
19.02.2011, 10:24
I'm having the same exact problem and there doesn't seem to be a single website on the internet that can help with this. I downloaded Daemon Tools Lite and it seems like every time I mount my .iso file onto my Virtual Drive 0, it'll say "mounting" and thats it. No game will start, nothing. Nothing happens.
Please specify your OS, DAEMON Tools version. and security software which you use.
In case you use DTLite 4.40.1 or 4.40.2, please specify Advanced Emulation option state (enabled/disabled).
Is your problem reproducible for all ISO image or exact one?

joximus
19.02.2011, 12:16
Please follow these steps:

1. Run DTLite as usual (under your restricted user account).
2. Go to Preferences --> Integration section.
3. Mark ISO checkbox.
4. Click Apply.

You will get UAC window like this:
http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/attachment.php?attachmentid=1146&stc=1&d=1298110635

5. Type the password of your local administrator account.
6. Click Yes.

After that the changes will be successfully saved for your restricted user account.

Tested on Windows 7 x64 with DTLite 4.40.2.

If it doesn't work for you, try do disable your security software. Some security software can forbid making changes in the registry.
I have tried that, but it does not work as I said in my first post. Changes are not saved.
I have no security software instaled.

joximus
19.02.2011, 15:31
I have resolved my problems in the following way:
First I have logged into my administrator account (under which everything was working OK) and exported registry keys:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.iso]
@="DAEMON.Tools.Lite"

and

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.iso]
@="DAEMON.Tools.Lite"

Then I logged in as limited user and imported these two keys into registry. Under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations I found .iso extension and changed default program to Daemon Tools Lite. Now double click on iso file works even on limited account.

I must mention that before instaling DTLite I had some other programs installed for handling virtual discs so I gues some of then left in registry things that created problems for DTLite.

Sway
19.02.2011, 18:12
Thanks for information!