PDA

View Full Version : PC Freeze on "Updating Virtual Devices"

timjlively
21.03.2010, 23:49
I have installed DTLite numerous times, and as i understand it, it is normal for the system to hang briefly during this message, which appears after installation and reboot.
however, i am installing the latest version, and when the message appears less than a minute after windows is loaded (XP SP3), the entire computer freezes, and it does not get going again at all. in order to even use my PC, i have to boot in safe mode, and uninstall DTLite.

i have noticed that when i boot in safe mode, the following message flashes at the end of the list of loaded .sys files:

"press enter to continue loading spdt.sys"

but whether or not i press enter, booting continues shortly after, and i don't know if this is normal, or if it is related to my DTLite issue... i really hope to get this going...

please let me know if i can fix this.

timjlively
22.03.2010, 19:03
i have played around with this for about three days now, and still cannot get DaemonTools Lite to run.

i know i don't have any issues with security software, because there is none on this pc.

i have tried just about every version of DTLite, back through the 4.** etc...

all with the same freeze, though the message varies slightly (updating virtual devices/please wait)

my pc stops responding completely. i have to restart in safemode to avoid the automatic run of DTLite... then uninstall the program, just to restart and repeat the entire process.

if anyone has any idea why this is happening, please post. i don't need step by step instructions, just new ideas. im running out of things to try.

thanks

Blazkowicz
22.03.2010, 19:05
You do have a Gigabyte mainboard?

timjlively
22.03.2010, 19:11
um... idk... how would i check that, and what does it change?

Blazkowicz
22.03.2010, 19:15
Download Everest and check mainboard's manufacturer.

timjlively
22.03.2010, 19:31
Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 800 MHz (6 x 133)
Motherboard Name GVC DR742E (3 PCI, 1 AMR, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Whitney i810E
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Xerox 256 MB PC133 SDRAM (3.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM2: Micron 16LSDT3264AG-133B1 [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type AMI (01/11/01)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Blazkowicz
22.03.2010, 19:43
Please send a message to Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com (http://www.disc-soft.com/sendmsg) and post a link to this thread, thank you.

It is possible your old CPU is somehow not supported.

timjlively
22.03.2010, 19:47
major bummer... guess thats it for runnin DT on this pc for now, huh? thanks for your help, anyway.

Blazkowicz
22.03.2010, 19:51
Before giving up send a message as I mentioned in my previous post. Maybe they can help you.

timjlively
22.03.2010, 19:52
oh i did send a message with the link as well. thanks :)