Age of Empires III Image Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Empires III Image Help

Hi everyone, I'm having a tough time creating a working image of my Age of Empires III disc 1. I'm using Alcohol 120% v2.0.0 and DT-Lite v4.35.5.0068. I've read up on the game's protection, SmartE, and used the settings that people recommend for it (SafeDisc Datatype with only "Skip Reading Errors" checked), but AoE still asks for the disc.

I did manage to make a working image eventually... or so I thought. I used the above settings and a read speed of 1x and the image DID work, but only until I rebooted my computer. After that, AoE went back to asking for the disc. This happens every time I make an image with those settings - it will work until I reboot and then it won't work anymore.

I also noticed the following: When an image is going to work, Windows asks for my permission to launch autoplay.exe when I mount the image. When an image is not going to work, the AutoPlay dialog thinks that the image has pictures on it and asks if I want to import them.

I hope someone can help... I know SmartE isn't supposed to be that tough of a copy protection scheme, but it certainly is giving me problems!

Various system info that may or may not be relevant:
    CD/DVD Drive: Samsung SH-S203N

Update: My images started working again spontaneously. I have no idea what's causing this behavior, but obviously there's nothing wrong with the images themselves. Perhaps something's wrong with my computer?

If I ever figure out what the root of this problem is I'll be sure to post it in this thread, in case anyone else out there is experiencing similar issues.

Comment

Working...
    X