PDA

View Full Version : DAEMON TOOLS can not afford new lock!

amrbab
20.05.2010, 09:36
Hi, I have an original cd game.I want to duplicate it with DAEMON TOOLS,but the result was disappointing. There is a new kind of cd locks on this cd. There are 200 bad sectors at the end of the cd. I have created an image file from this cd with all it`s bad sectors. But the main problem is here. As you know, we usually can not make bad sectors on cd. So we have to simulating bad sectors with Virtual CD. The strong point of this cd lock is here. There is an application on this cd which can diagnose whether the cd is runnig from virtual cd or not. If it diagnoses virtual cd, it shows an error message which tells that "YOU ARE RUNNING THIS APPLICATION FROM DAEMON TOOLS VIRTUAL CD, PLEASE INSERT ORIGINAL CD IN PHYSICAL DRIVE." I tried Alcohol 120% & many other tools but the problem persists. Is there any solution?

P.S
I changed properties of DAEMON TOOLS virtual cd (factory name,versions & ...) but that wasn`t useful!

Sway
20.05.2010, 10:15
Please specify your game. What protection is used there?

Blazkowicz
20.05.2010, 11:26
Please also post a screenshot of this error message.

amrbab
20.05.2010, 13:33
I think this is an iranian game & iranian lock. Please download screen shots from this link:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/389548097/Extra.rar.html)

Terramex
20.05.2010, 14:45
Would you please tell us the title of that game ?
How and where is it distributed ?

amrbab
20.05.2010, 15:36
Actually, one of my relatives sent it for me. I don`t have enough information about that. It is awhile that I study about it & I can tell you that this lock can diagnose all kinds of virtual cd (nero, clone,alcohol, poweriso, ultraiso, daemon tools & ...). There is a suspicious folder on this cd which called "ASPI". I heard from some where that the name of this lock is "ASPI lock" but iranian change it & i don`t know what the new name is. Here is a screen shot of game`s image (image created by Daemons Tools) that i open it with UltraISo:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/389588673/Screen_Shot.png.html)

I am really confused. How is possible to diagnose virtual cd drive from reall on?

Blazkowicz
20.05.2010, 15:58
Please try vUSB feature of DTE on DT Pro.

Terramex
20.05.2010, 16:07
I heard from some where that the name of this lock is "ASPI lock" but iranian change it & i don`t know what the new name is.But i'm sure you can tell us the name of that game.

amrbab
20.05.2010, 21:16
The name of that game is "SHABAKE HAYE TALAYEE" which means Golden networks.

Terramex
22.05.2010, 11:14
@amrbab
From what i've heard recent DAEMON Tools versions are no more blacklisted by that protection.
Therefore just update to latest DT Lite version and if necessary uninstall other blacklisted programs to be able to use your backup copy.

amrbab
22.05.2010, 13:29
I am sorry to tell you that DAEMON Tools Lite could not afford this protection too. I told you that this protection can diagnose all virtual cd drives, famous or not! but how???

amrbab
22.05.2010, 14:47
Is it possible to create 200 bad sectors at the end of cd with common cd writers? I want to ask a specialty question from Daemon Tools Developers, How is possible to diagnose Physical CD Drive from Virtual one? The answer of this question is success code for this PROTECTION. I am really disappointed to afford this protection.

Terramex
22.05.2010, 19:21
I am sorry to tell you that DAEMON Tools Lite could not afford this protection too.Are you using latest DT lite version, and have you uninstalled other burning/emulation programs ?
Maybe there are also remains in the registry by these programs.

Is it possible to create 200 bad sectors at the end of cd with common cd writers?e.g. Clone CD or Alcohol 120% fill unreadable sectors with consecutive hex values 55h which produce bad sectors on a burned copy.

Blazkowicz
22.05.2010, 19:21
Try DTE's vUSB with DT Pro as I told above.

amrbab
22.05.2010, 22:22

Please explain more about DTE's vUSB. What is that? & what should i do with it?

amrbab
23.05.2010, 14:34

I tried DAEMON Tools Extensions. I map Daemon tools virtual drive with this tool then i have a USB maped cd rom. but this protection recognize USB maped cd rom as virtual drive ... (error number -750) . In my idea there is no way to afford this protection. I made an image file with alcohol 120% & writed this image, but i got another protection error (error number=-80).

amrbab
23.05.2010, 14:39
Are you using latest DT lite version, and have you uninstalled other burning/emulation programs ?
Maybe there are also remains in the registry by these programs.

e.g. Clone CD or Alcohol 120% fill unreadable sectors with consecutive hex values 55h which produce bad sectors on a burned copy.

In my idea this protection does not blacklist any virtual drive makers. It has it`s own DIAGNOSTIC method. but hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow?

amrbab
23.05.2010, 14:42
I tried to debug the main application. But it has anti debugging routine !

amrbab
23.05.2010, 14:57
When the main application tries to run, one file which is called
c
o
p
y
s
t
o
p
x
is created by this application & after checking cd lock is cleaned.

Blazkowicz
24.05.2010, 11:08
Do you know an online shop where one can order that game and which ships international?

evlncrn8
27.05.2010, 18:11
wow i thought copystop was dead a long long time ago

amrbab
30.05.2010, 21:02
wow i thought copystop was dead a long long time ago

Unfortunately it is alive & in my idea the strongest cd protection nowadays!

Do you know an online shop where one can order that game and which ships international?

I only know it is an iranian game or software.