BSOD after reboot during DT Lite installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD after reboot during DT Lite installation

BSOD just flashes before the log on screen should appear,and then my pc automatically restart. It goes in a loop if I don't stop it.
    HP DV4,Windows 7 32bit,online armor(disabled when install DT)
    I doubt if it's paragon backup and recovery on my laptop having problem with DT?

Thanks in advance!

Please follow this guide - Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

I also tried Alcohol 52% and it did give a BSOD too just like DT did. So It seems there's something wrong with SPTD 1.62 installation.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
        Hi,I read the instruction and tried to install the stand alone SPTD 1.69. Still I got a BSOD when restarted,just like earlier.

Comment

Please post latest minidump available (c:\windows\minidump), thank you.

Also do you have HP 3D Driveguard installed?
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 04.06.2010, 06:38.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            Please post latest minidump available (c:\windows\minidump), thank you.

Also do you have HP 3D Driveguard installed?
            I checked my mini dump folder but it was empty. Later I found that my setting in system failure had been set to "kernel memory dump" instead of "small mini dump".

And I do have HP 3D driveguard installed! Do I still need to crash my system again to provide mini dump file...?

Comment

BSOD comes from a problem between SPTD and HP 3D Driveguard.
              So no minidump needed anymore.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                BSOD comes from a problem between SPTD and HP 3D Driveguard.
                So no minidump needed anymore.
                I uninstalled HP 3D driveguard,but it's all the same. I think I'm giving up. Thanks.

Comment

Did you reinstall DT/SPTD after HP 3D driveguard deinstallation?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                    Did you reinstall DT/SPTD after HP 3D driveguard deinstallation?
                    Everytime I got a BSOD,I let windows repair itself,which it restored to a steady state.

This morning I uninstalled HP 3D driveguard and tried to reinstall DT,then I got the same BSOD. I then started the repair procedure again.

Comment

OK, please try "small minidump" setting and post the minidump as it seems there is something else on your pc.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Discarding my old thread, I think I’ll join this one. I have the same problem, but I reduced it to the sptd driver, as the bluescreen problem occurs with all programs that use it (Daemon Tools, Alcohol, etc.), and of course if I install the driver alone (1.69 right now).

I use a HP ProBook 4710s, with a custom installed Windows 7 Professional x86 (I uninstalled the preinstalled Windows XP in favor of a "real" OS, without all that service bullshit).

Disabling the auto-reboot on bluescreen, I was able to take a photo of the bluescreen. What do you think of it?. And that's all there is. No matter what I do, no minidump gets created whatsoever. However, I found that during the bluescreen (or shortly beforewards or afterwards) an event log entry was created.

Originally Posted by Event Log
                        Text: "Driver detected an internal error in its data structure for ."

Log Name: System
                        Source: sptd
                        EventID: 4
                        Level: Error
                        Task Category: None
                        Keywords: Classic
                        As you may not realize or notice, the blank after "for" is correct. My bet would be that there is supposed to be some more info, but it just won't show (or won't be logged for that matter).

That's all information I can provide right now. If you have new leads, I'm always happy to crash my system

So long,
                        Kernle

Comment

I have the exact same problem.

Got an HP 6730b with Windows 7 Pro N 32-bit but when i install SPTD i get an BSOD when you need to reboot.

Comment

I managed to "fix" this. After i had installed the "Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver" i could install SPTD without problems

Comment

Still have same problem.

I cannot install "Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver". It also gives an error message; This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software. Setup will exit.

I have HP 6735b with AMD Turion x2.

P.S: Here comes interesting point. I got Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit now. I had same OS but 64bit and DT was just work fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X