SCSI/RAID Host COntroller issue after installing newest DTools Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSI/RAID Host COntroller issue after installing newest DTools Lite

I have Googled as best I could and have not found a solution to this issue. I have found similar posts, but they deal with a problem or failure to create a Virtual Device. My error is not that.

I did a fresh full install of the current DTools Lite and rebooted my system. No errors occurred during installation. Upon logging in to my desktop, I was greeted with the Found New Hardware Wizard and it wanted to install a "new" SCSI/RAID Host Controller. If I let it do its thing, it tried to use the default Windows driver, and fails stating Cannot Install this Hardware, An error occurred during the installation of the device/The specified service does not exist as an installed service. Clicking okay will result in loop of process, I have to cancel out to end it.

Device Manager shows a randomly named IDE controller with no errors, but the SCSI/RAID Host Controller has a yellow exclamation point. Resources are in conflict, both the I/O Range and the IRQ. I can manually set a non-conflicting I/O Range, but IRQ is hard set. The Device Status reads: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Now mind you, there is a virtual device listed in the DTools menu, and I can mount an image (in this case a DVD ISO), but within minutes of starting said DVD to watch, the system hard locks and I have to hard reset.

I noted references to starting a Virtual Drive Service or some such in services.msc, but no such service exists on my machine.

For reference, my machine is:
    Dual Core Opteron 165
    2GB PC3200 DDR
    XP Pro SP3
    Radeon 4850
    DFI LANParty NF4 SLI

Also, as a possible means of ameliorating the issue I updated the SPDT to the latest version, since the packed in version is slightly older. Problem did not change.

Do you have a Gigabyte mainboard due to lockups?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Do you have a Gigabyte mainboard due to lockups?
      Er...what?

Comment

If you have recently tried to install Daemon Tools 4, you may have encountered the error “Virtual SCSI driver not detected”, preventing Daemon Tools from starting after installation is complete. On a Windows 2000 SP4 system, wander into Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System, then click on the Hardware tab. Finally, click Device Manager…. If you see that a device under SCSI and RAID controllers has an exclamation point (!), you win.

To resolve the issue, you can now right click on the device with the exclamation point and select Properties. Now click the Driver tab and click Update Driver… In the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard, click Next, Search for a suitable…, and Next. Check only Specify a location and enter the path C:\winnt\system32 on a Windows 2000 Professional system and click OK. (The path varies on a Windows XP system C:windows\system32 for Windows XP Professional.) Windows should find a SCSI/RAID Host Controller. Click Next and Yes when warned the device driver is not digitally signed. Now, finish the process by clicking Finish.

Windows will probably want to restart. Allow it to restart once it’s convenient. You should find that Daemon Tools v4 is finally able to install a virtual CD-ROM drive, which will of course require you to reboot again. However, once your reboots are complete Daemon Tools should be working correctly.

To fix Kernel Debugger issue....require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher download SPTD 1.69 here
        DuplexSecure - Downloads

Comment

Originally Posted by pampered View Post
          If you have recently tried to install Daemon Tools 4, you may have encountered the error “Virtual SCSI driver not detected”, preventing Daemon Tools from starting after installation is complete. On a Windows 2000 SP4 system, wander into Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System, then click on the Hardware tab. Finally, click Device Manager…. If you see that a device under SCSI and RAID controllers has an exclamation point (!), you win.

To resolve the issue, you can now right click on the device with the exclamation point and select Properties. Now click the Driver tab and click Update Driver… In the Upgrade Device Driver Wizard, click Next, Search for a suitable…, and Next. Check only Specify a location and enter the path C:\winnt\system32 on a Windows 2000 Professional system and click OK. (The path varies on a Windows XP system C:windows\system32 for Windows XP Professional.) Windows should find a SCSI/RAID Host Controller. Click Next and Yes when warned the device driver is not digitally signed. Now, finish the process by clicking Finish.

Windows will probably want to restart. Allow it to restart once it’s convenient. You should find that Daemon Tools v4 is finally able to install a virtual CD-ROM drive, which will of course require you to reboot again. However, once your reboots are complete Daemon Tools should be working correctly.

To fix Kernel Debugger issue....require at least window 2000 with SPTD 1.21 or higher download SPTD 1.69 here
          DuplexSecure - Downloads
          *sigh*

Did you read my post at all? Daemon Tools runs just fine after reboot from install. The errors I get are listed (mostly in bold) in my first post. I do not get any error about "Virtual SCSI driver not detected."

For grins I tried your method of getting the SCSI/RAID Host Adapter installed. And once again, I get this error: "Cannot Install this Hardware, An error occurred during the installation of the device/The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

Please take note that the issue seems to be service related, but since the error is so terse, I have no idea what service isn't loaded that it is expecting.

Comment

You should not get any new hardware dialogs during install of SCSI adapter - DAEMON Tools installs its driver automatically. If such thing happens it means DAEMON Tools failed to install its driver and Windows is trying to install other driver. This usually happens because of registry problems - eg. DAEMON Tools fails to set some settings as some security software prevents it.
            Try to completely Uninstall SCSI/RAID controller, which has exclamation mark, and other ''xxxx IDE controller" from device manager - then reboot your system and report what happens. SCSI controller then should be recreated automatically.

Comment

I have exactly the same error as RED CHaos.
              Problem started after I installed Daemon tools lite
              De-installed DL and when I start my system. I end up with a pop up to install SCSI/Raid host controller.
              AND no driver are found by windows nor when i redirect the quest toward windows/system32

TY for your help

Comment

SCSI/Raid host controller issue

1. Uninstall DT via Start menu -> All Programs -> DAEMON Tools -> Uninstall menu item. Or remove DT folder.
                2. Download SPTD driver setup from Disc-Tools.com Uninstall SPTD using downloaded file.
                3. Restart your system.
                4. Start regedit.exe (standard system registry editor) and delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd" key. Correct key's permissions if it's necessary (via key's right-click menu).
                5. Restart your computer.
                6. Install DT.

Comment

Working...
                X