Frustrating Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating Problem

Ugh, I've been trying to install Daemon Tools for hours now and I'm still getting the same problem over and over. My operating system is Windows XP; I'm not sure if that's significant or not, but I have noticed different systems such as Vista or Windows 7 mentioned in various references to Daemon Tools in the past so it may be.

Anyways, I've tried downloading both Pro and Lite off of this site. Everything runs smoothly up until it asks me to reboot. Once I begin the reboot the computer fails to restart back up with the new configuration giving me a message asking me how I would like to proceed:

1) Starting the computer up normally, which fails
    2) Starting the computer up in safe mode, which fails
    3) Start the computer up using the last known configuration, which is the only option that lets me in

When I finally log back into the computer I get the following message: "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."

If I check to see if the files are downloaded in my computer, it appears that they all are, but I wouldn't know because the installation setup tells me that installation will resume after the reboot and I've never had the program fully installed before.

The program downloads the SPTD with it, and I have absolutely no clue how to turn off a kernel debugger and every suggestion I find on the internet telling me how doesn't work. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix this?

Cause = ZoneAlarm

I just joined this forum only to post this solution as I had tried all the solutions out there involving reinstallations, registry key deletions etc. and none worked, and I was going slowly crazy.

Anyway, my DT broke about 2 weeks ago, after a Zone Alarm update was applied to my PC(XP SP3). It seems that a process called ISWSVC.EXE, which is 'Forcefield' in ZoneAlarm, was causing this issue. If i killed this process and opened DT immediately then DT started with no problem.
    But even though I had ZA itself disabled, this ISWSVC process once killed will restart automatically after 5-10 seconds, the little basterd!

Comment

Working...
    X