why cant i edit blu-ray iso files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why cant i edit blu-ray iso files

hey guys. in daemon tools pro ive opened up a blu-ray iso file saved to my laptop's HDD, to try to get rid of some features i dont want (special features, menu's, etc...). anyway when i click on the movie file inside the iso file i dont want, the "delete" button isnt highlighted to be able to use(it looks as if its a disabled feature), and i cant seem to delete anything. ive bought this program and it should work to be able to edit iso files and delete stuff because thats almost its main use, but i cant seem to get the delete feature to work. do you know why this is? aswell as this problem, when i go to the image editor to start trying to edit the image, the blu-ray iso file doesnt even get found by the program, so i cant even delete anything in the first place because it isnt in the explorer tab to work on. also, i also bought poweriso so i can try to do the same thing on that, and the same things occurs, but all of the files inside the iso file all show up ready to work on and edit! however i cant have the option to delete anything inside the blu-ray iso file on this program either because the "delete" cross doesnt highlight. does anyone know why its not letting me delete anything?

also, if i was able to delete certain files inside the iso file i didnt want successfully, would the saved edited iso file work just like a fully working dvd/blu-ray movie, but just without the stuff i deleted from it? if it doesnt, what would allow me to do that? thanks in advance, really need to sort this problem out...its annoying lol
    Last edited by jezz-89; 02.07.2010, 21:06. Reason: seperated the 2 main questions

Originally Posted by jezz-89 View Post
    also, if i was able to delete certain files inside the iso file i didnt want successfully, would the saved edited iso file work just like a fully working dvd/blu-ray movie, but just without the stuff i deleted from it?
    No, it wouldn't - that's why you can't delete any file in a Blu-ray movie ISO without rebuilding the structure.

I have no Blu-ray drive, but from what i've read BD Rebuilder or BD Clown should be adequate - in theory
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

hmmm damn, i spent like $70 for nothing then, whoops . thats the only feature i wanted too. i thought they could do that, so thats why i bought into the programs.

ive downloaded clown bd, it looks alright but i cant seem to be able to work it very well, and i think you can only remove unwanted languages for both audio and subtitles, no video files. ive read alot of good things about bd rebuilder, but also sounds a bit complicated and high-tech for me. i was really wanting to save some money and buy cheap 25gb discs, but might just have to buy more expensive 50gb DL discs to save me all this trouble lol. thanks for replying

Comment

Working...
      X