PDA

View Full Version : Error code 14 while installing DT Lite 4.35.6

janvdvelde
09.07.2010, 11:21
Hello,

I just uninstalled DAEMON Tools 4.10 and afterwards tried to install DT Lite 4.35.6, but I get the following error message:
"Internal setup error. Error Code 14. Contact support". I am running Windows XP Home and ZoneAlarm Free as a firewall, but I allowed the installation program access to the trusted zone.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance !

Sway
09.07.2010, 13:27
Please read this guide - Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help (http://www.daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/security_software_solutions.html)

g0dzai
19.07.2010, 00:07
you rock. I was having the same problem and the culprit was threatfire. This was the first time in my loong internet career that a response from someone else's post applied and worked for me. I am overjoyed.
p.s. I love your product

map00walker
25.07.2010, 10:19
After deinstalling Zonealarm installation of Daemon Tools worked fine

fabioferro78
02.08.2010, 14:51
Hello,

I have been trying to install daemon tools for a week. I'm getting crazy. when I start Windows, a message about Daemon Tools comes out with written that I need at minimum Windows 2000 and SPTD 1.60. Furthermore when I am to install Daemon Tools, a message always comes out with written internal error code14. contact support. I have already read everything about the ways to solve this problem. I tried to reboot Windows; to turn off avast antivirus, after deleting norton; to download a superior SPTD; and a lot of other things. But I can't solve the problem and I can't install daemon tools. Can somebody help me, please?

Blazkowicz
02.08.2010, 14:57
Are you running ZoneAlarm toolbar?

Internal error means something (security software feature) is setting setup into debug mode and setup doesn't like that.

fabioferro78
02.08.2010, 17:29
Are you running ZoneAlarm toolbar?

Internal error means something (security software feature) is setting setup into debug mode and setup doesn't like that.

Yes, I'm running Zone Alarm firewall as one of the conversations in this forum suggested...

Blazkowicz
02.08.2010, 20:34
Uninstall ZoneAlarm toolbar.

Mabus_77
06.08.2010, 11:22
Hello I don't run any of the anti virus software that has been mentioned, i uninstalled spyware dr, but I am still getting this problem.. can u help??

Blazkowicz
06.08.2010, 13:10
Please open Task Manager and post a list of running processes.

Mabus_77
08.08.2010, 19:26
Processes list : apdproxy, Belkinwcui, csrss, ctfmon, CTSVCCDA, ddohigh, EFATI9CE,explorer,firefox, hamachi, jqs, kservice, lsass, msmpeng, ssecs, nvsvc32, plugincontainer, PMB, PnkBstrA, PnkBstrB, rundll32, services, smss, Soundman, spoolsvr, svchost, system,systemidle, taskmngr,winlogon

Blazkowicz
08.08.2010, 23:01
Try to close msmpeng and ssecs (never heard of last one and not even google).
If not working then, start msconfig through start -> run and then open tab Services, check the box and post contents from there.

bops
17.09.2010, 00:07
Hi!

I have the same problem with this error. I use Comodo firewall adn avast but never had this problem before..now i just can't install DT. Can you help me please?

TNX in advance :)

kwgagel
03.10.2010, 00:31
Hi!

I have the same problem with this error. I use Comodo firewall adn avast but never had this problem before..now i just can't install DT. Can you help me please?

TNX in advance :)

I had this problem too. Here is how I solved it.
Right click the comodo icon in the systray and choose open.
Click the Summary tab.
Click the "Partially Limited" link in the bottom half.
Click the "Execution Control Settings" tab.
On the bottom right click the "Exclusions" button.
In the new window, click the "Add >" button, then "browse...".
Navigate you file system to where "DTLite.exe" is installed and select it. Click the "->" button between the left file listing and the empty right side to add it to the "Selected items". Click the "Apply" button. Click "Apply" again and finally OK and then you can close Comodo.