Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon Tools and bfbc2 makes my computer freeze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools and bfbc2 makes my computer freeze.

Hello.
    I have been haveing a really hard time playing bfbc2 since my computer freezes my computer and by that I mean the picture on the screen stops move and I can't tab down or do anything and the sound is repeating itselfs. I contacted the EA support and now after a month we found out that it has to be Daemon tools that has a conflict with this program. You guys might say "yeah EA just blame their problems on someone els" and that's why i'm going to tell you guys how we did this trubleshooting...

I contacted EA told them my games freezes when I play the first things thay asked me to do was to send them my dxdiag ofcuarse and later on they blamed my hardware so I changed my motherboard, cup, ram memories and graphic card after that they sad it might been a other problem that has a confligt with it and I was like " What am I going to be turning of every backround program I have and see if that helps?" but yeah I did it but it diden't help.
    What I did then we also reinstalling my computer once again (first time was I did it was with the hardware update) and that diden't help. Ea and I diden't know what could cause the crashes since it was brand new hardware and reformated hdd's.

Then I thougt. "Well my hdd's is not empty since I got img burn I got Daemon tools" and I also had some other "basic" porgrams on them so I reintalled the hdd's again and ONLY the game. Then it worked fine. Then I installed one program at a time and try to play the game. The game was running perfect untill I installed Daemon tools lite and then the computer started to freeze again. I uninstalled it but that diden't help so once again I reinstalled my hdd's. Now the game works fine just without daemon tools lite...

I wanted you guys to know this so you might be able to fix it in comeing versions of daemon tools lite.

Sorry for my bad english and my missspelling on some places but english is not my mother language.

Cheers

If I've understood you correctly, your game might be incompatible with SPTD driver. Most likely, the next DAEMON Tools Lite version will be able to work without SPTD.

Comment

Are there any errors in Windows Event Viewer at the time the freezes occurred ?

If any, which security software are you using ?

I can't rule out a conflict between BFBC2 and DT (or rather its SPTD driver), but it's surely no general problem as i played BFBC2 without problems.

btw. which OS and which DT version are you using ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        Are there any errors in Windows Event Viewer at the time the freezes occurred ?

If any, which security software are you using ?

I can't rule out a conflict between BFBC2 and DT (or rather its SPTD driver), but it's surely no general problem as i played BFBC2 without problems.

btw. which OS and which DT version are you using ?
        OS is windows 7 64 bit and DT L is the latest I found on the site... Sorry but I will not be able to tell you about windows event vierwer since I will not risk to install DL L again and might be needed to wipe all my hdd's again...

Comment

You don't need to wipe your hdd. Just try to uninstall SPTD next time.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
            You don't need to wipe your hdd. Just try to uninstall SPTD next time.
            Okej, will do. I just got alcohol 52% now and see if that works but I rly don't like it :P

Comment

Alcohol uses SPTD as well. So, if SPTD is the cause of your problem, you will get freeze again.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                Alcohol uses SPTD as well. So, if SPTD is the cause of your problem, you will get freeze again.
                I removed SPTD since I crashed with alcohol also but it did not help :@

Comment

Do you have the latest video and audio drivers installed?

Comment

Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
                    Do you have the latest video and audio drivers installed?
                    Haha, yes.

Comment

After skimming through this 260 pages! thread about Crashes/Freezes there seem to be many issues with drivers - especially with sound devices.
                      Originally Posted by Jeppezon View Post
                      I removed SPTD since I crashed with alcohol also but it did not help :@
                      You've removed SPTD using the standalone installer from Duplex Secure and the problem still persists ?
                      Let's return to the subject Event Viewer
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

After skimming through this 260 pages! thread about Crashes/Freezes there seem to be many issues with drivers - especially with sound devices.
                        You've removed SPTD using the standalone installer from Duplex Secure and the problem still persists ?
                        Let's return to the subject Event Viewer
                        I did not use the standalone unintall, i followed a guide hot to do it manually but will use the standalone next time since I'm going to see a movie I guess i have to install daeomtool light again :P

Comment

Well there are 2 errors,
                          First one:
                          EventID: 6008
                          Source: EventLog
                          Log: System
                          Last hour: 1
                          24 Hours: 1
                          7 Days: 3

Second error:
                          EventID: 36888
                          Source: Schannel
                          Log: System
                          Last hour: 1
                          24 hours: 1
                          7 days: 3

Those are the erros I can find in the log. I got more under 7days but the crash happen like 5 mins ago so took the 2 once under 1 hour and I use Nod32 smart security.

Comment

In System Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery:
                            If checked please uncheck "Automatically restart" and set "Write debugging information" to "Small memory dump (64KB)"
                            After the next crash please check whether the error has created a dmp file in C:\Windows\Minidump and upload it to some filehoster like e.g. sendspace.com

Please also contact our official support team with reference to this thread: Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com
                            The forum support is more of an additional support.

Comment

In System Properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery:
                              If checked please uncheck "Automatically restart" and set "Write debugging information" to "Small memory dump (64KB)"
                              After the next crash please check whether the error has created a dmp file in C:\Windows\Minidump and upload it to some filehoster like e.g. sendspace.com

Please also contact our official support team with reference to this thread: Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com
                              The forum support is more of an additional support.
                              Could only take Small memory dump (256KB)

Will update u how it gose.

Comment

Working...
                              X