Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Pro Error Message

Hi can anyone help please?

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and have a problem with Dameon tools pro latest verison:

"This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.69 or higher: Kernel debugger must be deactivated.

I have Cyberlink Media Suite 8 Ultra installed and Nero 9.

I have Symantec EndPoint Protection as my anitvirus.

I have an MSI AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.00GHz.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Will the solution help if I have the same problems with Windows 7 Pro. I ask because I might reinstall my operating system to Windows 7 Pro. If I do which software should I not install for DAEMON Tools Pro to work properly. Thanks.

Problem is probably your Symantec EndPoint Protection, try deactivating it completely (also its services) and after reboot then check again.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

If I deactivate it completely, won't it leave me vulnerable to viruses and stuff. Is their any other way to correct the issue?

Comment

Deactivate it for testing, you can reenable it again after the test. If it isn't working then, some other software is blocking. If it is working then, one or more (all) features of that protection software is blocking it.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I did a fresh install of my OS and DAEMON Tools Pro was the first app that I installed aside from the windows updates and I got the same message. I haven't even installed Symantec EndPoint Protection yet and it's giving me that message. It has to be something within DAEMON Tools Pro that's causing this because I have no other software installed yet. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Is SPTD properly installed on the computer and is it the latest version? I am assuming since this is a new installation that you did not have any previous SPTD installed before.

Comment

It's a complete fresh install of the OS. I formatted the hard drive before install so whatever needs to be installed should have been. How do I check if SPTD is properly installed and that it is the latest version.

Comment

You can download SPTD from the disc-tools.com webpage and try reinstalling it.

Comment

I downloaded the SPTD and installed it but it didn't work. I still get the same message. I don't know what to do, I just bought the DAEMON Tools Pro software yesterday and I can't even get it to work. What can be done about this?

Comment

You can email support to get a refund if not satisfied or ask them for additional help. Did you try running DT in admin mode?

Comment

yes, I did.

Comment

Have you tried running it in compatability mode for win XP? It seems like it's a win 7 issue, not a DT issue..

Comment

Can you reproduce this error on a different computer? You could try to disable the kernel debugger and try reinstalling DT Pro or SPTD again.

This error seems to occur more on x64 bit operating systems.
                          Last edited by pkoss10; 23.07.2010, 20:45.

Comment

Which MSI board do you have ?

Originally Posted by enano67 View Post
                            I did a fresh install of my OS and DAEMON Tools Pro was the first app that I installed aside from the windows updates and I got the same message.
                            This means you haven't installed any non-Microsoft drivers or MSI utilities yet ?
                            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks hun it's fixed \o/

Comment

Working...
                              X