Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue after uninstalling Daemon Tools

Hey DT Forums,

I recently uninstalled Daemon Tools and when I restarted my computer, it would not run anymore. The system boots and but when windows starts up, only the background appears. There is no icons, no start menu and I can not even access the task manager. The only thing that I can see on the screen is the background and mouse pointer.

I have tried running it into safe mode, but I just get a blue screen of death for less than 1 second, and the computer restarts. Revert to last known good configuration also does not work. I read the forums and booted the recovery console, tried to disable sptd, but windows could not find it.

Does anyone have or know what this issue is, and if there is a fix for it without reformatting my computer, and please let me know if there are any details I can give to help find out the issue.

Oh and I use a Sony Vaio PCG 7D2L laptop with Windows XP SP2 Home Edition.

Hi
    Please, specify DAEMON Tools version number which was installed in your system.
    Specify exact text displayed on BSOD screen or make photo with some digital camera and post that screen here.

Pay attention, that "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\sptd.sys" driver was not used in old DAEMON versions.

Also, you can download from net some Windows live-cd or even some Linux live-cd image (for ex. you can use Ubuntu Linux which can be started from CD without installation and this system at least has read-only access to ntfs partitions). Then find "C:\Windows\Minidump" folder on your system partition, then copy last dump files (with *.DMP extension) to usb flash drive and send us these dumps. Note, that the folder path can be different depending on the way you use to access your hdd.
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Working...
    X