Win7 Backup does not see DT drive letter as writeable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 Backup does not see DT drive letter as writeable

Using DT Lite... Is this functionality present in the Pro or Advanced versions, e.g. mount blank ISO template of 0 data length but with info so it shows as a writable media type, saving as a minimal size .iso file that extends as data is written to it? The advertising blurbs aren't clear on it. I'm looking for these apps to burn to ISO first, as safer and faster than direct burn to DVD-R(W) media. That way if there were burn errors to one DVD the whole app wouldn't need to be re-run to try another burn.

If this is more a suggestion than a current capability, I do have some ideas on where the UI would need adding to, and various supportable options.

That would be a virtual recorder which DT doesn't support. Although DT Pro has an Image Editor which allows you to create own ISO image with adding files.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      That would be a virtual recorder which DT doesn't support. Although DT Pro has an Image Editor which allows you to create own ISO image with adding files.
      Yes... after spelunking around a bit I found the sticky note in Suggestions section... For those Apps that only support writable media Drive letters as targets, a physical disk would still need to be burned, and possibly wasted, so an addable ISO file could be first created for use with the Image Editor, so that's not a solution. It's more a poor app design decision on MS's part, not a fault of DT in general, but it seems I'll have to look elsewhere for the solution.

Comment

Working...
      X