Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools stopped working....

I get this error now whenever I try to start daemon tools lite:

Quote from image: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem."

I have tried unistalling/reinstalling Daemon Tools and uninstalling/reinstalling the STPD driver. (and rebooting after doing so) It still does this. Any help on how to fix it?

My current OS is Windows XP 64bit running on a Intel Core i7 965.

It has worked before, but for some reason it just now decided to do this.

Specify your DAEMON Tools version.
    Decribe actions performed by you before the program began crashing.

Comment

The version is v4.356-0091 I believe. The only significant thing I did was install a few Nvidia related things like the Nvidia System Tools. I had also put in a second video card to break in it's heatsink since I had put new thermal compound on it and wanted to break it in. (since the particular thermal compound I had recommended a break in period for it)

I then removed the card several hours later. But I didn't notice Daemon failing to start untill a day after that I believe. (which was yesterday)

Comment

Ok Follow up. (Sorry for double post but since my last post is "awaiting moderator approval" I can't go back and edit it. :P

First I'll correct the version string I posted. It is supposed to be Daemon Tools Lite v4.35.6-0091

And also, I tried installing a trial version of Daemon Tools Pro Standard (v4.36.0309) and it also gives out the same error when I try to start it.

Comment

Any more help on this?

Comment

--- SOLVED! ---

A fourth reinstall but this time I left the "Integrate with Explorer" option checked (as I had unchecked it in previous installs) and it sprung back to life! It seems to work now.

Comment

Working...
            X