Stubborn Error Code 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stubborn Error Code 14

About a week ago my Daemon Tools Lite started acting up by showing a message that read something along the lines of "Daemon Tools Lite can only run on Windows 2000 and sptd 1.60 and above" whenever I started up my PC. This hasn't happened before to me before, so I tried to find solutions on the forums for such problems.

Unfortunately none of them have worked so far.

The solutions I have solved include:

Disabling sptd via key registry
    Deleting sptd all together
    Reinstalling the updated version of sptd
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Daemon Tools Lite (DTLite4356-0091), however this earned me error code 14

I don't really know just how many people have managed to solve this problem, but apparently this doesn't just affect Daemon Tools as I tried some alternatives including Alcohol 52% and MagicISO, both of which had errors, and so I think I've narrowed the problem down to just being sptd.

I don't recall downloading any real significant data over the past week or two, and my anti-virus has never had a problem with Daemon Tools before, so unless it self updated and my anti-virus (AVG Free) recognized the new update as a virus of some sort and disabled components, that shouldn't be the case.

So...This is a bit of a tough nut to crack for me since I'm not all that experienced with computers. Help would be very much appreciated and thank you for your time.

Do you have ZoneAlarm toolbar installed ?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i have zone alarm security, how would i uninstall the toolbar?

Comment

As usual you would uninstall a software. Using Programs and Features (Win 7) or "Add or Remove software" (Win XP) in Control Panel.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

would i need to uninstall the entire zonealarm or just the toolbar?

Comment

Just uninstall the toolbar.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
            X