PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 partition problem :S

dataanti
15.08.2010, 10:07
ever since i installed daemon tools on my PC my second partition started disappearing every time my PC gets turned on, the partition gets set to inactive, 0x12 type and no drive letter, every time i just get on my PC i need to use a partition program to redo thoses to active, 0x07 and drive letter D. I'm on windows 7 64 bit :S please help, also idk if this is related but my finger scanner and my PCs hibernation stopped working to, hibernation just brings me to the account locked screen. please help :(

the version of deamon tools i installed was pro and it was the newest

Sway
15.08.2010, 20:56
Try to uninstall DAEMON Tools and check the problem.

dataanti
16.08.2010, 05:37
Try to uninstall DAEMON Tools and check the problem.

lol first thing i did

Sway
16.08.2010, 13:39
Did you uninstall SPTD driver as well?

dataanti
16.08.2010, 15:11
Did you uninstall SPTD driver as well?

what is SPTD what does it do, i dont think Ive installed anything with that name before, where can i find the un installer?

Blazkowicz
16.08.2010, 19:49
SPTD comes with DT and can be downloaded from DuplexSecure - Downloads (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads)

dataanti
16.08.2010, 22:04
SPTD comes with DT and can be downloaded from DuplexSecure - Downloads (http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads)

how do i uninstall it, it's not in my add and remove programs?

Blazkowicz
17.08.2010, 07:43
You download the setup from above and select uninstall after starting setup.

Pharohbender
17.08.2010, 08:49
ever since i installed daemon tools on my PC my second partition started disappearing every time my PC gets turned on, the partition gets set to inactive, 0x12 type and no drive letter, every time i just get on my PC i need to use a partition program to redo thoses to active, 0x07 and drive letter D. I'm on windows 7 64 bit :S please help, also idk if this is related but my finger scanner and my PCs hibernation stopped working to, hibernation just brings me to the account locked screen. please help :(

the version of deamon tools i installed was pro and it was the newest

what drive letter is daemon tools trying to use for the virtual drive and what drive letter is windows giving your other partition

try give the drive letter H: and see if it sticks to that i have 4 drives and six partitions and deamon tools has selected drive L:

go to right click computer, management and change the drive under disk management there if you haven't done so already
:(:confused:

dataanti
17.08.2010, 11:18
You download the setup from above and select uninstall after starting setup.

It ask me to restart so i did and the partition is still disappearing :S

Blazkowicz
17.08.2010, 11:57
So SPTD and DT is uninstalled, not DT's and SPTD's fault.
You may try to insert your windows dvd and let the setup repair your install.

dataanti
18.08.2010, 08:18
what drive letter is daemon tools trying to use for the virtual drive and what drive letter is windows giving your other partition

try give the drive letter H: and see if it sticks to that i have 4 drives and six partitions and deamon tools has selected drive L:

go to right click computer, management and change the drive under disk management there if you haven't done so already
:(:confused:

I'v tried changing it through disk manager and it doesn't change because of the type of partition it turns into on start up, also i made the virtual drives X Y Z and my partition is D

also idk if this helps but i just upgraded from vista to 7 and i see a lot of problems with that :S

dataanti
18.08.2010, 23:55
So SPTD and DT is uninstalled, not DT's and SPTD's fault.
You may try to insert your windows dvd and let the setup repair your install.

ill try that as a last resort :/ i dont think my windows disk can do that cause all it says is install, ill ask the microsoft forums