Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Pro Driver Error: 3

Hi

When I try to add a SCSI drive, so I can mount anything, I get the error "daemon tools pro driver error: 3"
    I have downloaded Daemon Tools Lite, but this error has persisted over several versions. I have a Windows 7 x64-bit Pacard Bell Easynote TJ62

I have searched a bit on google, but nothing related to error #3. First I had #-1, but I got rid of that by changing a setting during startup, that stopped some drivers from running. But that resulted in error #3

I am currently checking my PC with CCleaner, but nothing has turned up. What can I do? It is mightily anoying that i does not work.

Regards

Try uninstalling DT Pro and reinstalling, then try to update SPTD to the latest version. Also try to run DT Pro in Admin mode.

Comment

I'm what you'd call technologically imparied - Is SPTD a software doohickey that comes with a PC, as in various developers of various versions of the same utility, or is there only one developer? (In which cas I would have an easier time updating it)

Comment

SPTD is a driver which comes bundled with DT.
        You can download SPTD setup from DuplexSecure.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

"DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 3" message...

I'm having the same symptom in version 6.0.0.0445 with SPTD 1.86 (Windows 7 Ultimate 64) trying to create a virtual DT drive. Creating virtual IDE or SCSI drives is no problem at all (besides the infamous duplication of such drives when booting, this however seems to be a known problem in this version), but creating DT drives leads to the "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 3" message... All else seems to work just fine. Looking for causes for this error message is a bit daunting, as the message itself gives no clues on where to look... Re-installing, even after cleaning registry and file system, unfortunately didn't help, neither did running with elevated privileges...

So I have two questions: 1. what known causes are there for this error message; 2. what technical reason is there to spit out this message?

Comment

Daemon Tools Pro Driver Error 3

Been getting this error message along with the blue screen of death, any ideas what it might be?

Comment

Working...
            X