error code 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error code 14

hello, i recently had a virus and had to install spyware docter, malware bytes anti malware, and ms security esseintials. after the virus was removed i uninstalled all of these programs with their uninstallers. now i get error code 14 when im trying to install deamon tools. I dont not have any other virus software running. i can actualy install deamon tools in safe mode, but even afterwards if i try to run it (even in safe mode) i get the kernal debugging error. i have tried many of the solutions but nothing has worked. i ran deamon tools fine before but ever since i installed these anti virus things it wont let me run deamon tools, even though i have uninstalled them

Check if there is some process still running from Spyware Doctor.
    Also check if you have installed ZoneAlarm toolbar.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I actually just now finished googleing every single process running in my task manager, and none of them have anything to do wioth a malware program, or virus scanner. i do not have zone alarm or its toolbar on my pc.

Comment

If you would post all running processes I may can help you.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

agcp.exe, audiodg.exe, csrss.exe, dwm.exe, explorer.exe, lsass.exe, lsm.exe, plugin-container.exe, searchIndexer.exe, services.exe, sidebar.exe, slsvc.exe, smss.exe, spoolsv.exe, svchost.exe, takseng.exe, UI.exe (my wifi adapter), wininit.exe, winlogon.exe, wmiprvse.exe

thats all of em, im on windows vista btw, and thanks for any help

Comment

Have to check it tomorrow on my Vista VMWare, i guess you have SP2 installed.
            And I guess this also happens when you close firefox's plugin-container.exe and agcp.exe (Silverlight)?
            You may post the content of startup tab and services tab in msconfig.exe.

And I guess you already rebooted after uninstalling those security softwares.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

my services tab list is very long, I have disabled most things from starting up already. I dont have any service packs installed. like i said, I was using deamon tools fine before i installed these anti virus things. I had deamon tools set to start up with windows and be in my task bar. after i installed spyware bot s&D and restarted my comp all of a sudden i get the kernel error. and deamon tools would no longer start. I uninstalled spybot, and restarted..uninstalled deamon tools, but now whenever i try to install or use deamon tools i get these errors. all of a sudden it is un-usable. along with other programs of the sort, like alcihol ect. I have gone as far as to uninstall every single virus protection software i had. i disabled windows firewall, and windows updates, and unchecked them from my startup.

Comment

Services tab shouldn't be long if you check the checkbox there to hide M$ services.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

i assume were still talking about the task manager, and the service tab in that. there is no check box to remove ms services there

Comment

No, I'm currently talking about msconfig.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

ok, the services are :
                      (which are all actually already unchecked)

apple mobile device (ipod)
                      ati external event utility
                      bonjour service (ipod)
                      ipod service (ipod)

the startup tab:

microsoft windows operating system
                      stardock objectdock
                      54m wireless usb adapter

i would like to add also
                      that there are others in
                      this startup but I have unchecked these
                      so that they do not start up
                      so i didnt bother listing them.

sorry about the confusion, thanks for the quick reply =)

Comment

You may try to disable stardock objectdock for testing purposes and then reboot.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

I disabled stardock, rebooted..didn't make a difference still getting error code 14

Comment

Probably still some DLL of Spyware Doctor loaded, you may try to kill explorer.exe and then start DT through Task manager (Start -> Run).

You may ask PC Tools (Developer of Spyware Doctor) for a complete uninstall tool as there seems something is still loaded from it. Other software you listed doesn't affect DT at all.
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

well this is getting ridiculous. I re-installed spyware docter, rebooted, and then uninstalled it with revos uninstaller, removing it, and all associated .DLL with it. STILL ERROR CODE 14..wtf..

Comment

Working...
                              X