• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinitive boot loop

Operating System: win2000
    Burning Software: nero/alcohol120%
    Anti-virus Software: avg
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

After i installed daemon tools, it asked me to restart, so i did, after that it didnt load windows anymore, before getting into the desktop it restarts,
    forever and forever.
    I had to format my c: and install win2000 again, well thats just great you know, cause i lost EVERYTHING, thx alot.
    You might be thinking why dont you back up your files, well i might be thinking whats with the loop bug??
    i hope you fix it in the next version.
    I never saw a problem or a bug in the earlier versions before.
    I was feeling like throwing my computer through my bedroom window.
    And guess what else, now i am afraid to download any daemon tool ver,
    cause i dont wanna get the same thing again.
    i guess i ll prefer to burn the damn cd's, untill i am absolutly sure daemon tools works again. :evil:

First, why didn't you restart in safe mode and removed Daemon Tools,
    second there is NO loop bug, just disable the automatic reboot in case of BSOD in Windows,
    third in safe mode you could've looked for minidump we could've checked.
    Btw you were using v3.33 and tried to install v3.46?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: Xp Pro
      Burning Software: Nero 6
      Anti-virus Software: NOD
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

No point in spamming alot of shit about how much fault your errors are with D-Tools on makers, since i guess 95% of users of D-Tools are happy and don't have any serious bugs with it!

but a tip in future is to read post about problems before you start installing something, then you are prepared for any errors that might pop-up and how to solve them, i bet that reinstall of windows wasn't needed at all, i agree with copytrooper's tip about booting into safe mode and remove it from there!

no offense but next time "think" before you open your mouth!
      On first day god created universe...on last day humans will destroy it!

Comment

Operating System: Win2k Pro SP4
        Burning Software: Recordnow MAX/Ahead Nero Burning Rom
        Anti-virus Software: None
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

glad i saw Jjacks post...

I have the same exact problem...I have tried rebooting in safe mode or debug mode or VGA mode or last known good configuration...no matter what it won't get past "starting up windows ---> reboot" loop. In safe mode is asks if I want to cancel loading that sys file I read about in the changelog....well cancel it or not, either way it won't boot. Used my win2k disk to do quick repair and recovery console...can't get it to boot...

I came about this problem after reformatting so all my data is backed up and safe so I am not as angry...but it is annoying...I've been troubleshooting it by making a norton ghost disk of my drive and restoring every time the problem happens (8 times now I have failed to resolve the problem)...the only things I have installed before installing daemon tools are the programs/drivers on the Intel Motherboard disc...and all windows updates...

furthermore, I have never had a problem with daemon tools before...I have been using it for years now and I love it. But for some reason, my fresh Windows installs are being quickly ruined by this error...

if anyone has some solutions please let me know because until then I am out of patience to install it again and risk having to restore the drive...

thanks- Jeff

Comment

update:

i've determined that daemon tools 3.46 works fine for me when i DON'T have "Intel Application Accelerator" installed. I noticed in the changelog that some support for it was updated...now i've been using Intel Application Accelerator AND previous versions of daemon tools for a couple years now...but it seems that 3.46 has some problem....resulting in the blue screen/reboot problem...here's what it said:

*** STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000004,0X00000006,0X00000000,0XBFF35D6F) DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** Address BFF35D6F base at BFF31000, DateStamp 3d99eac3 - IdeChnDr.sys

hope that it somehow helps...

note: also, after receiving this error, i tried to reboot the computer in safe mode....wouldn't boot...even if i disabled loading of d346bus.sys...it still wouldn't boot windows...i've yet to find a way to fix the problem other than using my Ghost boot disk to restore my hard drive....

-jeff

Comment

Check if you've minidump in winnt\minidump folder, if so, send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Comment

will it be useful? since my last crash from daemon tools i've restored my system with a Norton Ghost image...should i still send it?

Comment

I'm afraid not :|

Comment

if it would be of some good value I could probably set my computer for dual boot...crash one OS with daemon tools...use the other OS to get the minidump file...

what do you think? as it stands I have no way of getting into windows or even fixing the problem (other than norton ghost) once the BSOD happens....

-jeff

Comment

loop error

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
                    Burning Software: Sony 52x CD Burner
                    Anti-virus Software: Bios Guardian
                    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.44 / 3.46

I had this problem... well here. listen to my story.

I had a P3 800mhz computer with 2 Maxtor HD's (20/80GB) , a LG 8X DVD Burner, Echo Mia Sound Card and an ATI 128MB Vid card running Windows XP Pro with all up to date service packs installed.

Daemon Tools version 3.44 worked perfectly. I then decided to go out and splurge on a new system which was a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ with 1 GB RAM / 2 Maxtor HD's (20/80GB) the 80GB is a SATA HD. ALso had a ATI 9200 128MB Vid card and my Echo Mia Sound Card. I installed the same Windows XP Pro and then downloaded Daemon 3.46 and I got the BSOD but it would crash and would not re-boot (maybe I didnt have auto reboot on). I would have to turn the power off and then on again. After enough annoyance, I couldnt un-install the program for the life of me. Add/Remove programs wouldnt do it and reading other peopels ways of getting rid of it is puzzling to say the least.

It didnt matter wether I used safe mode or Last Known Good Config, it still happened everytime. Fortunately I didnt have much installed , so I didnt lose too much info. People are talking about this minidump file which is apparently valuable to software developers but my system for some reason will not make one. The reason for this I am assuming is because when I get the BSOD, my system does not reboot like other peoples. It just freezes , forcing me to power off and on. The system is probably unable to record the error.

I am going to try and re-install the 3.44 version that worked on my old computer.

Wish me Luck
                    If it doesnt work I will talk to you people in a day or so. Will have to format again. (ARGHH)

In the meantime, I want some valuable responses to this post.

B/.SSLION

Comment

Problem Fixed somehow

I downloaded 3.41 it was and installed it. It never rebooted my system and I loaded up my program IMG files perfectly. I uninstalled it just in case.

I don't know what the problem was, but its gone for now.

Comment

rebooting around the bush firer

Operating System: win2k
                        Burning Software: nero 5.5 ?
                        Anti-virus Software: TinyFirewall (it has adv program control) and norton client antivirus
                        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46 was now remove

i like to help in fixing this problem you have

wased 30 mins trying to remove 3.43 from me pc
                        got it back on me pc after removeing nero image drive (as i thought that it was the problem is my pc would reboot when i tryed to remove nero)
                        all seems ok now i come back to me pc next day and me pc is rebooting agane (safe mode is useless on my pc as it does not work just windows 2k safe mode not likeing my mobo)
                        debug works

i got some mini dumps if you want them (9) 64k each

Comment

Send newest minidump to support@daemon-tools.cc, and we'll check.

Comment

Next queston HOW DO I delete this dam program from Safe mode command prompt (i thought i removed it but did not) (hopeflly Alcohol 120% will work)

your program needs better error handling (Not BSOD)

Comment

your program needs better error handling (Not BSOD)
                              Comedian - ever thought about the possiblity that the BSOD is NOT caused by Daemon Tools?

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove Daemon Tools completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X